Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Battery wing nut size
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

 > Battery wing nut size

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
swimmer_spe

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

Senior Member

Joined: 08/14/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 04/19/21 08:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I need to get some wing nuts for my batteries. I am trying to figure out the size I need. I cannot just bring the ones I have in as they are only doing curb side.

mobeewan

Hampton, Va

Senior Member

Joined: 01/03/2007

View Profile



Posted: 04/19/21 09:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some are 3/8 inch & some are 7/16. Carry both.

toedtoes

California

Senior Member

Joined: 05/17/2014

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 04/19/21 09:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Order the size you think it is. Take the wingnut with you and verify they're the same size when they bring it out to you. If the wrong size, give them your existing wingnut and have them get you the right size.


1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

swimmer_spe

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

Senior Member

Joined: 08/14/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 04/19/21 09:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

toedtoes wrote:

Order the size you think it is. Take the wingnut with you and verify they're the same size when they bring it out to you. If the wrong size, give them your existing wingnut and have them get you the right size.


I wish I could. I would if I could.

toedtoes

California

Senior Member

Joined: 05/17/2014

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 04/19/21 09:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Then call a shop that carries your battery and ask them what size the terminals are.

Or buy several sizes.

swimmer_spe

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

Senior Member

Joined: 08/14/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 04/19/21 09:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

toedtoes wrote:

Then call a shop that carries your battery and ask them what size the terminals are.

Or buy several sizes.


Calling them is not as easy as you think. All calls are only to pick up things, not for inquires.

time2roll

Southern California

Senior Member

Joined: 03/21/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 04/19/21 09:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My GC2 have 5/16 studs. Ace Hardware had some stainless wing nuts. 15 years, no issues.


2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

toedtoes

California

Senior Member

Joined: 05/17/2014

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 04/19/21 10:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

swimmer_spe wrote:

toedtoes wrote:

Then call a shop that carries your battery and ask them what size the terminals are.

Or buy several sizes.


Calling them is not as easy as you think. All calls are only to pick up things, not for inquires.



What battery made and model do you have?

swimmer_spe

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

Senior Member

Joined: 08/14/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 04/19/21 10:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

toedtoes wrote:

swimmer_spe wrote:

toedtoes wrote:

Then call a shop that carries your battery and ask them what size the terminals are.

Or buy several sizes.


Calling them is not as easy as you think. All calls are only to pick up things, not for inquires.



What battery made and model do you have?


It is an Energizer. Not sure model.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/06/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 04/19/21 10:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mobeewan wrote:

Some are 3/8 inch & some are 7/16. Carry both.


You mean 5/16.


2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

 > Battery wing nut size
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.