Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Mixed Messages
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
qtla9111

Monterrey, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/21 05:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is exactly what I was referring to in the other post. Mixed messages between three North American countries related to land travel. As I stated, we have the T-MEC agreement but it doesn't seem to mean very much.

As rvers, where, when and why should we or shouldn't we travel to any of the three countries?

Is it correct to take actions that are against our countries of origin and what are the risks?

Those questions refer to those who are having their rvs shipped across borders and then flying and those that frivolously travel back and forth throwing caution and precautions to the wind.

I may be preaching to the wrong choir.

Do not travel to Mexico

Do Not Travel To:

Colima state due to crime.
Guerrero state due to crime.
Michoacán state due to crime.
Sinaloa state due to crime.
Tamaulipas state due to crime and kidnapping.
Reconsider Travel To:

Chihuahua state due to crime.
Coahuila state due to crime.
Durango state due to crime.
Jalisco state due to crime.
Mexico state due to crime.
Morelos state due to crime.
Nayarit state due to crime.
Nuevo Leon state due to crime.
San Luis Potosi state due to crime.
Sonora state due to crime.
Zacatecas state due to crime.

Then just the opposite:

Mexico Eases Restrictions At Northern Bo........allowing nonessential travel to 5 states

Trudeau Defends Canada’s Travel Restrictions

2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

QCMan

Independent Republic of Horry

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/21 07:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

From my read, easing travel restrictions only has to do with covid issues, not the crime issue. Two very distinct issues. There should also be a list of US cities that should be avoided because of the crime rate too.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.

bighatnohorse

Gig Harbor - Cave Creek

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/21/21 07:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

QCMan wrote:

From my read, easing travel restrictions only has to do with covid issues, not the crime issue. Two very distinct issues. There should also be a list of US cities that should be avoided because of the crime rate too.

There was a young single German woman in my recent travel group.
She was an experienced world traveler, knowledgeable - even I learned a few travel tips from her.
We invited her to visit the US, mentioning several of our favorite places.

She had too much fear due to the amount of gun violence in the US and declined our invitation.
She had applied for a job in Mexico and was hoping to get that.

2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
“The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

qtla9111

Monterrey, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/21 08:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I worked here almost all of my adult life. Traveling here and living here are two very different animals.

When you know the country's language, read the papers, the statistics, and listen to locals you have a very different take on things.

I guess rvers aren't targets of crime but it is around us all the time. It makes life for me a bit uncomfortable knowing we are returning to the terrors of 14 years ago.

Of course, a government whose policy is "no confrontation" and "prohibido a prohibir" (prohibited to prohibit) makes it that much more difficult.

But back to the main topic, the three countries aren't helping either situation by not coming to agreements on travel and other issues.

Lwiddis

Williams AZ area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/21/21 01:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

“As rvers, where, when and why should we or shouldn't we travel to any of the three countries?“

You are expecting too much “certainty” in a fluid pandemic situation with all three countries trying to protect their citizens. There are no cookie cutter options.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flag pole. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet-11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

rexlion

Broken Arrow OK

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/21 05:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bighatnohorse wrote:

QCMan wrote:

She was an experienced world traveler, knowledgeable - even I learned a few travel tips from her.

She had too much fear due to the amount of gun violence in the US and declined our invitation.
That seems really crazy, but it goes to show how the US is being portrayed by media to those other nations right now.

Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

larry cad

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/21 04:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rexlion wrote:

bighatnohorse wrote:

QCMan wrote:

That seems really crazy, but it goes to show how the US is being portrayed by media to those other nations right now.

Sad to see the negative effect the media is having on the country where I grew up! [emoticon][emoticon]

Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

playaboy

riviera maya

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/21 07:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"This is exactly what I was referring to in the other post. Mixed messages between three North American countries related to land travel. As I stated, we have the T-MEC agreement but it doesn't seem to mean very much.

As rvers, where, when and why should we or shouldn't we travel to any of the three countries?

Is it correct to take actions that are against our countries of origin and what are the risks?

Those questions refer to those who are having their rvs shipped across borders and then flying and those that frivolously travel back and forth throwing caution and precautions to the wind.

I may be preaching to the wrong choir."

As one that travels as if it is 2019, I see people do take precautions and are not frivolous in their travels. I have never seen so much bleach use by businesses and airports in my life.

I have taken vehicles north into the USA for non-Americans stuck on this side of the border. It makes it very costly for Canadians that want to travel.

I don't think that we should blindly listen to our government officials. To question our officials is part of Americans DNA. Personally I have lots of questions.

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/21 10:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

travelers sneaking through the cracks in the system....even Canada's draconian response toward "slowing the movement of virus" is (exceptionally) full of holes, ill thought-out, and frankly, proving to be of little benefit.

Every Nation's "response" has to be situational (even the Three Amigos), but carried-out operationally under the precautionary principle (being proactive, not reactive).

The huge issue plaguing the Three Amigos (and every other nation on Earth), is that some nations (4 of them out of 200+ Nations) actually HAVE vaccines in great quantities, while others have almost none. So, situationally, you have a huge imbalance country-to-neighboring-country: vaccinated to non vaccinated. How would the neighboring non vaccinated (and, possibly economically underprivileged, like Mexico) countries react? Totally shutting their borders, and cancelling 100% of passenger air traffic? Drilling down to the microscopic, RVers free flow across the Three Amigos borders, a bi or tri-lateral agreement was never meant to address dynamic imbalances like a pandemic delivers. Few if any Nations on Earth ever had any effective pandemic plan. There are no easy fixes, nor easy answers.

A global concerted pandemic response needed a global pandemic response "law" enforceable. This does not exist.

Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

qtla9111

Monterrey, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/21 05:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

playaboy wrote:

I don't think that we should blindly listen to our government officials. To question our officials is part of Americans DNA. Personally I have lots of questions.

It's not American DNA, it's human beings in general in any country.

I prefer to believe in the science and there is so much data supporting it and you can find it by reading the thread for the "C" here on rv.net.

I guess I am not or have not been clear in making my point. It's not some of us here that creates the risk. It is flaunting our travels and by doing that, others who may not be science savvy or have common sense will see some of us and say, "well if they can do it so can I" and that's where the problem begins.

What I have discovered from friends, some family and rvers is that people really don't give a S--- about anybody but themselves and prefer to take risks that may put others in danger.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.