Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Strange water pressure issue
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Strange water pressure issue

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
rk911

DuPage County

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/21/21 06:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lynnmor wrote:

Old-Biscuit wrote:

Do you have pressure 'regulators' or those 'flow restrictors'??

Where you you have them ...
At hose bibb, at connection on RV etc?
Only using one not both correct?

As suggested......
How is pressure/flow thru end of hose With and W/O those water devices ??

they are actually pressure regulators but they are junk. Just testing them on a hose will not prove anything, they might flow well under that condition.

i believe the suggestion is to remove the regulators and see if your pressure problem is resolved. if so you have your solution.

Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

wapiticountry

Mountain West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/21/21 07:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My guess is there is sediment somewhere in the lines. The reason the flow decreases over time is the sediment is being dislodged when you drive as well as the fact that when the sediment dries it does not pack as tightly as it does when it becomes wet. Step one would be removing and cleaning all the screens on the faucets and running them wide open for a few minutes.
But there may also be screens on the lines at the water pump and maybe even obstructions where the lines are branched and connected. If you can't get to all of them, try attaching a hose to a faucet and back flush the system.

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/21/21 09:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Behaves like the water is not turned on full or a cheap regulator acting as a restrictor! Never experienced a clog at the valve.They come off pretty easy but with an empty tank. Junk from the mfg,I don't thinkso because it is all your faucets? Do you use a filter? I would talk with a Mobile Tech. They have more Customers and experience usually. They don't work full time or at all at dealers because they can make over a quarter million a year at RVing destinations and several parks in an area.

blaczero

USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/21 05:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had the regulator with the gauge for a bit, it broke and the only thing available was the cheap inline flow restrictor, using that now. I took that off though to test and the CG water didn't lose pressure after running it for a bit at the bib.

I just talked to my neighbor about this, and he said he has the same issue. The CG I'm at runs at about 50psi apparently, so I guess this makes sense.

The last CG though this happened as well and that was running way higher pressure. Not sure what's going on.

This rig is a 2021 I just got about 6 months ago, so shouldn't be too much junk built up in the lines.

I just filled the fresh water tank and will run off that. Thanks for all the replies, I always learn things here.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Strange water pressure issue
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.