Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lance 1181 Prewired for Solar

daveandaboat
Explorer
Explorer
Hello!

We recently purchased a 2010 Lance 1181 TC. The camper is in remarkable condition and we love it! One of the first projects I have planned is to add solar. I've been sailing for years using solar as a primary means of topping off batteries and I'd like to continue that with our RV.

We were told this unit is 'pre-wired' for solar. I believe we found the connection on the roof but I was wondering if anyone out there knows where the wires terminate in the TC? Need to plan out charge controller and Inverter/charger location. I also plan to add extra battery capacity over the two group 27's currently installed.

Any 1181 owners out there that have added solar and can provide any helpful info? Much appreciated.

-Dave
10 REPLIES 10

notsobigjoe
Nomad III
Nomad III
I agree with bighat, That would be the place to find anything Lance. The lifetime membership I think was 35.00 before I left a while back. Well worth it especially for maintenance and reworks. I could not find any solar wires from that jack on the roof. Sorry.

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
I was never able to find the solar wires for my Lance 1181.
(And it's only #10 gauge wire that Lance installs)
Instead, I ran new #8 gauge wires through the black tank vent camp and followed the black pipe down, then crossed under the step (where you can install and on/off switch). From the step run the wires on the deck under the slide out over to the battery area - then into the battery area. It is surprisingly easy to do.
You will find more instructions on "how to" on the LOA site.
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
“The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

daveandaboat
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
Is the preinstalled solar wire of adequate size for the solar watts you are considering?

I am not sure of that yet as I've been unable to track down the wires. Will definitely verify though. Thanks!

daveandaboat
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all for the info. I'll continue looking and look into lanceowners.org as a resource. Safe and happy traveling!

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
I have a 2007-8 1055. the roof plug was above the sink and that's where the wires were underneath near the furnace duct. In the battery box they were tucked up behind the box right where the battery wires entered.
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

daveandaboat
Explorer
Explorer
notsobigjoe wrote:
Hi Dave, I too have a 2007 lance 1181 I'm not interested in solar but I have the jack on the roof. I was just in the battery compartment and didn't see the wires so I would assume the electrical compartment at the foot of the bed. I'll look tonight for sure.

NotsoBigJo - Thanks for the reply and info! Please don't expend too much time looking, I'm sure I'll find them eventually. Was just throwing it out there if anyone knew for sure. Appreciate it!

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Look for red wire in fridge vent cap and another one in battery compartment.

mellow
Explorer
Explorer
You will get more answers over at Lanceowners.org but here is one topic I found on it here: https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/30121864.cfm
2002 F-350 7.3 Lariat 4x4 DRW ZF6
2008 Lance 1191 - 220w of solar - Bring on the sun!

notsobigjoe
Nomad III
Nomad III
Hi Dave, I too have a 2007 lance 1181 I'm not interested in solar but I have the jack on the roof. I was just in the battery compartment and didn't see the wires so I would assume the electrical compartment at the foot of the bed. I'll look tonight for sure.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Is the preinstalled solar wire of adequate size for the solar watts you are considering?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad