Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Help with Forest River
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Help with Forest River

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
OkiewithClass

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/21 07:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

UPDATE: Forest River has agreed to pay for the $10 piece of glass. Originally the dealer said they would install the glass for free if I would buy the glass. I called immediately to cancel the additional $2,700 of extended warranty I had purchased with the dealer since the $10+ dollars they spend in their coffee bar everyday at the dealer was more important that taking care of a consumer after the sale... magically the service department was able to get Forest river to pay.

Please please for the entire camping communities sake, do not give up so easily with RV warranty claims. The manufacturers/dealers need pressure and will always take care of you if you just don't accept no for an answer. When some of you give up so easily it makes everyone else have to fight that much harder. If they deny 10 claims and 2 of you just accept that, that practice to them still works. I hope this will help someone in the future.

-Brandon

Does anyone have possibly an email address to any of the senior leadership at Forest River? I have spent the last 2 hours looking but they do an outstanding job of hiding.

I have a ridiculously small warranty claim on my brand new NoBo 19.8. I truly believe that the senior leadership of this company have no idea how terrible their warranty department is and how consumers are treated. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and happy camping all!

-Brandon

* This post was edited 04/22/21 08:32am by OkiewithClass *

rk911

DuPage County

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/21/21 07:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

found this on the net. it's old but may work.

Forest River Customer Contact Person -
Ron Kilmer - Consumer Relations [email protected] . . . . . . . . (574) 533-2165

Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

OkiewithClass

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/21 08:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks like that isn't a good email address anymore. Thanks for the reply though!

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/21 08:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OkiewithClass wrote:

I have a ridiculously small warranty claim on my brand new NoBo 19.8. I truly believe that the senior leadership of this company have no idea how terrible their warranty department is and how consumers are treated.

-Brandon

Of course they have an idea how terrible their warranty department is and how customers are treated. It's all by design and they don't care. It's also not limited to Forest River, but applies to the RV Industry in general. Are you going to spend the time and money to take the rig to the dealer and drop it off for who knows how long, for a ridiculously small issue?

Just think of the dealer who the manufacturer pays $0.30 on the dollar for what the warranty work is worth, then wonder why it might take 3 months to get an appointment and another 3 months to have a screw tightened.

Of course with Forest River you could always try to contact Warren Buffet.

From past experience 10 years or so ago I can tell you without a doubt Forest River sucks, especially so after the sale. I highly doubt they ha e gotten better since.

rk911

DuPage County

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/21/21 08:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

also....dunn & bradstreet can unlock that data if you try a free trial membership. no credit card required.

you can always create a new, throw-away email addy for the trial. just an idea.

https://www.dnb.com/business-directory/c........8a2544f117422953f3c9.html#contact-anchor

OkiewithClass

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/21 08:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Look I am no newbie to this. I have been camping my entire life and delt with warranty issues in the past. The squeaky wheel always gets the oil. The lower level warranty personal you talk to do everything they can to get you to give up. Im NOT that guy lol. I will take this as far as I have to to get results. 1st they denied my claim for a small piece of cabinet glass that was cracked in transit on our very first trip. That $20 piece of glass will end up costing them a new sale or two when my youtube video comes out about it.

OkiewithClass

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/21 08:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thansk again Rk911! I'll give that a try tomorrow when I have more steam.

rk911

DuPage County

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/21/21 08:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OkiewithClass wrote:

Look I am no newbie to this. I have been camping my entire life and delt with warranty issues in the past. The squeaky wheel always gets the oil. The lower level warranty personal you talk to do everything they can to get you to give up. Im NOT that guy lol. I will take this as far as I have to to get results. 1st they denied my claim for a small piece of cabinet glass that was cracked in transit on our very first trip. That $20 piece of glass will end up costing them a new sale or two when my youtube video comes out about it.

100% right.

i did precisely the same thing back in '18. we had accumulated 20+ issues with our new MH (see signature) in 18-mos. post-warranty. our dealer was super getting us in, fixed and out. but we'd had enough. i sent letters detailing the issues to the president, CEO and the VP's that had oversight of the motorhome division of Winnebago as well as to our dealer as i didn't want him to be blindsided. a few weeks later I got a call from a lower level suit at Winnebago with an offer of assistance for the current repairs even though we were out of warranty. it was more than I expected (which was nothing) but getting anything was good.

good luck.

OkiewithClass

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/21 08:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That's me too! I had a similar experience with a 2015 Nitro Z8 bass boat. Issue after issue, but once I got in touch with the Tracker regional service manager, he upgraded my trolling motor for free on the spot. I was literally in a dealership waiting on them to repair my unit under warranty and he called and told the dealer to give me the next model up in price free of charge. Companies don't want a black eye and we as the consumers don't want to have to fight. Sometimes you have to dig in, but its always worth it on the end. Glad to hear things worked out for you in that situation!

1320Fastback

Vista, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/21 09:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is it something you can just fix yourself?

1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Help with Forest River
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.