cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Help with Forest River

OkiewithClass
Explorer
Explorer
UPDATE: Forest River has agreed to pay for the $10 piece of glass. Originally the dealer said they would install the glass for free if I would buy the glass. I called immediately to cancel the additional $2,700 of extended warranty I had purchased with the dealer since the $10+ dollars they spend in their coffee bar everyday at the dealer was more important that taking care of a consumer after the sale... magically the service department was able to get Forest river to pay.

Please please for the entire camping communities sake, do not give up so easily with RV warranty claims. The manufacturers/dealers need pressure and will always take care of you if you just don't accept no for an answer. When some of you give up so easily it makes everyone else have to fight that much harder. If they deny 10 claims and 2 of you just accept that, that practice to them still works. I hope this will help someone in the future.

-Brandon

Does anyone have possibly an email address to any of the senior leadership at Forest River? I have spent the last 2 hours looking but they do an outstanding job of hiding.

I have a ridiculously small warranty claim on my brand new NoBo 19.8. I truly believe that the senior leadership of this company have no idea how terrible their warranty department is and how consumers are treated. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and happy camping all!

-Brandon
29 REPLIES 29

K_and_I
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
Lwiddis wrote:
"Does anyone have possibly an email address to any of the senior leadership at Forest River"

Warren is usually in Omaha and Charlie is mostly in Los Angeles.

That isn't how email works.

:B
K_and_I
2011 Rockwood 2604
Nights Camped in 2019: 85
Do we have time for shortcuts?

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
OkiewithClass wrote:
Update: After my call to the dealer to have my extended warranty canceled the glass was somehow no longer an issue to get. All is resolved. Thanks everyone for the help

Just reading this thread today, Glad everything worked out for you!

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Oh!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

dedmiston
Lwiddis wrote:
"Does anyone have possibly an email address to any of the senior leadership at Forest River"

That isn't how email works.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
Tyler0215 wrote:
All this for a $10 piece of glass? WOW!

i get it. there is a principle involved.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
OkiewithClass wrote:
Update: After my call to the dealer to have my extended warranty canceled the glass was somehow no longer an issue to get. All is resolved. Thanks everyone for the help

congrats!
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

OkiewithClass
Explorer
Explorer
Yes all over a $10 piece of cabinet glass, but honestly I can understand why a manufacturer wouldn't agree to pay. To them I'm sure they assume I had damaged it myself. They get lied to so folks don't have to pay for things themselves.

I think once I spoke again to the dealer this AM they believed me since my logic makes sense. You cant expect a sub 3,500lb camper to go down the road easy when you have 65PSI offroad tires on a single axel trailer.

Once I backed the PSI down to 40 it tows like a dream. It is a design flaw to not put tempered glass in a camper like that.

I hate to fight for just $10 but right it right. I even told then I would pay for the shipping of the glass straight to my home which I'm sure will be just as expensive as the glass. To me, it was all about the principle of a company standing behind their product after the sale.

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
All this for a $10 piece of glass? WOW!

OkiewithClass
Explorer
Explorer

OkiewithClass
Explorer
Explorer
Update from my dealer. The glass piece I need replaced is $10. Forest River is still unwilling to pay. The dealer agreed if I would pay the $10 they would install for free. This is still unacceptable to me. It was not my fault.

I just requested the $2,700 I spent on an extended warranty with the dealer be canceled. If they can spend $10 on their coffee bar everyday for customers they can pay for a darn piece of glass. I am willing to bet the farm once someone sees their commission going away ill get that glass for free. We'll see

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
It seems to me that the more money you spend on a rig, (usually) the the more attention you get. The above Cedar Creek owner is an example of that. Key word is "usually".
JK
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

OkiewithClass
Explorer
Explorer
What is an RV designed to do? Travel from one location to another without sustaining any damage, right? Isn't that the whole purpose for buying one? The glass was NOT cracked before we left.

When we arrived at our first site the glass was cracked and shards were all over the floor. The true problem is the design. The Nobo we have 19.8 is a single axel with a recommended 65PSI in the tires.

You can't put cheapo glass in something that takes a beating like that going down the road. Now I have backed it off to 45PSI and we have been on two other trips without issue.

I am shocked at how easily some of you guys give up. This is why the rest of us get treated this way to begin with. If phone calls and emails don't work why is just giving up EVER an option? I'm one of the nicest guys you will ever meet, and maybe treating others with respect is how I always get resolution? Who knows, but don't ever take no for an answer and just walk away.

You as the consumer can also file a claim with the BBB better buisness Bureau. They will repot the issue to the company, and then report of any action taken or not.

Good luck all with your issues or future issues, but please don't take the advise to just deal with it. That makes it harder on the rest of the community.

FlatBroke
Explorer
Explorer
Well said GDS. On two Bighorns I owned from 2 different dealers I found the dealerships were 90% of my problems. On final inspection of the last one we purchased I found an end on a tv cable was bad. They said they had to take pictures and send them to Bighorn before they could work on it. I knew I was in trouble right then and there. I just hooked up took it home and fixed my self. Had taken it back for poor brakes. After they โ€œfixedโ€ it I got to the end of the dealers lot, no brakes. Just kept on driving and paid to have it done at home. Grease all over inside the drums.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS