Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Help with Forest River
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Help with Forest River

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
delwhjr

TX

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/21 12:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is the service contact at the No Boundaries division

Katlyn Mabie
(574) 642-3119
[email protected]

Hope this helps

2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/21 01:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OkiewithClass wrote:

Look I am no newbie to this. I have been camping my entire life and delt with warranty issues in the past. The squeaky wheel always gets the oil. The lower level warranty personal you talk to do everything they can to get you to give up. Im NOT that guy lol. I will take this as far as I have to to get results. 1st they denied my claim for a small piece of cabinet glass that was cracked in transit on our very first trip. That $20 piece of glass will end up costing them a new sale or two when my youtube video comes out about it.

Ok, good luck, but Forest River does not give a **** how many sales they lose from a YouTube video or anything else. There is no shortage of YouTube vids or negative online reviews already. Neither does Keystone, Winnebago, the list goes on and on. As long as they sell every one they're capable of pushing out the door why would they, and that has been the case since the early 2010s, even more so since last spring.

Grand Design had the right idea regarding customer service and warranty when they started up, but that went by the wayside eventually which was no surprise taking into account the industry big shots who started it who then cashed out.

There is no shortage of suckers to buy the next POS made, and they know it.

Now add that the US has a huge covid induced labor shortage, everywhere you go has a help wanted sign out, along with shortages of everything from lumber and steel to anything made with rubber, polymers, silicone, you name it. Prices have increased almost exponentially for lots of materials. Have you seen the price of a sheet of plywood lately? I'd be willing to bet they don't even have the $20 piece of glass, at least to match, and probably can not obtain it at present.

If you did not notice the cracked glass during PDI, they're going to deny the claim, and are probably right to do so. Are you saying the glass cracked from a manufacturers defects? If it wasn't cracked when you signed on the line then how do they know you did not hit a pothole and a can of pork and beans bounced into it? I am in no way defending them but they have all the warranty verbiage in place for a reason. It all sucks across the board but folks keep putting up with it while opening their wallets.

dblr

Newark De

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/22/21 04:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

delwhjr wrote:

This is the service contact at the No Boundaries division

Katlyn Mabie
(574) 642-3119
[email protected]

Hope this helps

You could also try this contact
Bob Byrne
Director, FROG
(574) 825-8532
[email protected]
P.O. Box 30, Middlebury, IN 46540

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

southernsky

Ponchatoula La.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/22/21 05:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Took me three times to figure out Forest River products are the worst for after the sale support and warranties. Never buying a FR product again..

2019 Ram 3500 Laramie DRW Crew Cab 6.7 H.O. CTD 4X4
2016 Grand Design Solitude 369RL 5th Airborne

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/21 05:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

you can can scream all night. your just going to learn. they don,t care. only person getting hurt out of this is you, your health will take a toll.

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/21 06:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just had some warranty work done and I thought FR warranty department was outstanding. Very prompt in responses to my issues, communication was clear and it went pretty fast. Maybe Cedar Creeks division of FR is different than your model. Sorry about how it's going for you but personally I have been pleased thus far. Add to that, I have only had one issue in the 8 months we've owned this FW. Maybe I am lucky. I've had other brands and types in past and it does seem to be a bit of a **** shoot.

2020 F350 STX 6.7L Turbo Diesel
2020 FR Cedar Creek Silverback 29rw

FlatBroke

CO/AZ

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/21 07:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well said GDS. On two Bighorns I owned from 2 different dealers I found the dealerships were 90% of my problems. On final inspection of the last one we purchased I found an end on a tv cable was bad. They said they had to take pictures and send them to Bighorn before they could work on it. I knew I was in trouble right then and there. I just hooked up took it home and fixed my self. Had taken it back for poor brakes. After they “fixed” it I got to the end of the dealers lot, no brakes. Just kept on driving and paid to have it done at home. Grease all over inside the drums.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

OkiewithClass

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/21 07:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What is an RV designed to do? Travel from one location to another without sustaining any damage, right? Isn't that the whole purpose for buying one? The glass was NOT cracked before we left.

When we arrived at our first site the glass was cracked and shards were all over the floor. The true problem is the design. The Nobo we have 19.8 is a single axel with a recommended 65PSI in the tires.

You can't put cheapo glass in something that takes a beating like that going down the road. Now I have backed it off to 45PSI and we have been on two other trips without issue.

I am shocked at how easily some of you guys give up. This is why the rest of us get treated this way to begin with. If phone calls and emails don't work why is just giving up EVER an option? I'm one of the nicest guys you will ever meet, and maybe treating others with respect is how I always get resolution? Who knows, but don't ever take no for an answer and just walk away.

You as the consumer can also file a claim with the BBB better buisness Bureau. They will repot the issue to the company, and then report of any action taken or not.

Good luck all with your issues or future issues, but please don't take the advise to just deal with it. That makes it harder on the rest of the community.

JKJavelin

Milwaukee, WI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/22/21 07:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It seems to me that the more money you spend on a rig, (usually) the the more attention you get. The above Cedar Creek owner is an example of that. Key word is "usually".
JK

2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde SRE-4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Hijacker Autoslide 18k
570 watts of Solar

2017- 21 Nights
2018- 75 Nights
2019- 138 Nights
2020- 72 Nights
2021- 80 Nights

OkiewithClass

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/21 07:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Update from my dealer. The glass piece I need replaced is $10. Forest River is still unwilling to pay. The dealer agreed if I would pay the $10 they would install for free. This is still unacceptable to me. It was not my fault.

I just requested the $2,700 I spent on an extended warranty with the dealer be canceled. If they can spend $10 on their coffee bar everyday for customers they can pay for a darn piece of glass. I am willing to bet the farm once someone sees their commission going away ill get that glass for free. We'll see

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Help with Forest River
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.