Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: New "Hitch" line of trailers by Cruiser RV
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> New "Hitch" line of trailers by Cruiser RV

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
profdant139

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/21 03:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cruiser RV has come out with a new line, the "Hitch," which is geared toward boondocking on forest roads:

Link to Hitch models

I wish the promotional material had focused more on the chassis and the suspension, but maybe they will add more info on those items later.

2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

Lwiddis

Williams AZ area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/22/21 11:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So do I but many potential RVers lack interest in chassis and suspension...just want bling.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flag pole. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist14 yr. Army vet-11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

rexlion

Broken Arrow OK

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/21 03:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've never before heard of a TT referred to as "industrial built." But then, it is built by the RV industry... [emoticon] Yes, it makes me curious as well to know what, if anything, is truly 'beefed up.'

Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

Lwiddis

Williams AZ area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/22/21 04:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

“Beefed up,” Rex, is a larger sticker...usually affixed near the RV door...proclaiming EXCELLENCE!

mr_andyj

Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/21 10:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I do not see anything off-road worthy here, but it does state only "forest roads", which are smooth gravel with some potholes at worst. Lots of stuff still hanging below the floor to get ripped off should one of those forest roads get washed out and you go through a rut and rip everything off under neath, including the stabilizers and sewage pipe ends.

Hitch? Don't all trailers have a hitch?
I have an idea, name a line of trailers, Roof, that will pull in the buyers. Who does not want a roof on their RV?

I like they are going in the right direction. Light and towable is good. Aluminum walls make it light and superior to wood that will rot unitl something breaks. Wood is easy to fix.

There are a lot of RVers making their own camper trailers out of the much much more durable and capable cargo trailers. Perhaps the "industry" is just slow to catch on. There are "industrial" , err, manufacturers making "off-road" campers, but there are just regular campers with big off-road tires on them. They still have all the junk hanging below deck and are not really off-road worthy other than a couple extra inches of clearance.
To get an off-road worthy camper will cost a lot more than just different tires, so I think this will always be a speciality item made by few and small "manufacturers".

Most people's idea of off road is cutting across the grass to that level gravel tent pad in the campground or going 1/2 mile down a smooth gravel road...

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/21 10:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks like a glorified R-Pod or Winnie Drop.

NamMedevac 70

Reno

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/21 11:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Many recent models from different manufacturers offer trailers like this one with higher or raised floor/chassis for more ground clearance and some have wider tires. Lots of duplication of models by most manufacturers.

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/21 11:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rexlion wrote:

I've never before heard of a TT referred to as "industrial built." But then, it is built by the RV industry... [emoticon] Yes, it makes me curious as well to know what, if anything, is truly 'beefed up.'

ROFLMAO....and folks will buy into that BS too.
No different than using the words quality and craftsmanship in brochures and on websites 3 dozen times. Still junk on a Lippert frame.

profdant139

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/21 01:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, I agree that labels are not the same thing as quality components and workmanship. But speaking as someone who has owned two Cruiser trailers over the last 16 years (and who has towed them on some really bad roads, with rocks and deep ruts), I would be hesitant to conclude that this new model is "junk" until I inspect it carefully.

Yes, it might be junk. Or not. But as a satisfied Cruiser customer, I'm interested in finding out more about this new model.

Baja Man

Inland Empire, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/04/21 07:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lwiddis wrote:

“Beefed up,” Rex, is a larger sticker...usually affixed near the RV door...proclaiming EXCELLENCE!

Funny!

2003 Ford F-350 XLT Super Duty, Crew Cab, V10 (6.8L); 4X2; Standard Bed; SRW; 4R100 trans
2009 Thor-MVP RV- Tahoe 284SA

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> New "Hitch" line of trailers by Cruiser RV
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.