Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Is the "Flexpex" water tubing the same as Pex/Sharkbite?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Is the "Flexpex" water tubing the same as Pex/Sharkbite?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
fairlaniac

Denver, PA (Lancaster County)

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/21 05:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a RV at a beach trailer park/campground near Bethany Beach, DE. I am 3 hours away from it. During our last visit in November I noticed the on board water heater was leaking. It appears on a quick look it had rusted through. I have a 30 gallon electric water heater I use during the spring and summer when the campground water is running. I use the 6 gallon onboard for visits between Oct-Apr. So I really didn't get much info on the onboard heater because we noticed it as we were getting ready to leave back in November. I plan to go down in a week or two to check things out and decide which onboard propane heater to get. In the mean time water is on at the park and I will utilize my 30 gallon heater. Sorry for the long lead in.

I want to bypass my 6 gallon heater and pull it out. I want to simply cut the incoming 1/2" line, cut the outgoing 1/2" line and use two Pex/Sharkbite elbows and a piece of 1/2" tubing to bypass the heater and later in the summer I will replace the heater. So per my title question. Is the "Flexpex" water tubing the same as Pex/Sharkbite?

See image or link

[image]
[image]
http://www.fairlanet.com/images/rv1.jpg

Thanks,

Thanks,
Doug
2001 Springdale 370BHLGL by Keystone

Ranger Smith

Wherever the rig is parked

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/21 06:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes it is.

Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator AA3SS . . . Yaesu FTDX 10D, Mercury III Amp, Icom 7100,Flex 6400M
Steve and Joy
2010 Allegro Bus 43 QBP . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie

schlep1967

Harrisburg, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/22/21 07:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If your water heater already has a bypass system for winterizing you may be most of the way done. Disconnect the water heater fittings and cap them for future use if you decide add another water heater. Open the water heater bypass valve and move on.

No reason to destroy the plumbing that may come in handy later for you or a future owner if you would sell.

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
2009 Open Range 385RLS
Pull-Rite Super Glide

Horsedoc

Dixie --- N. Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/21 08:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I used a sharkbite fixture fitting the other day in a residential application. Replaced an outside faucet. It took longer to tape the faucet and the bushing than to set the sharkbite. Amazing technology and I like it!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Is the "Flexpex" water tubing the same as Pex/Sharkbite?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.