cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is the "Flexpex" water tubing the same as Pex/Sharkbite?

fairlaniac
Explorer
Explorer
I have a RV at a beach trailer park/campground near Bethany Beach, DE. I am 3 hours away from it. During our last visit in November I noticed the on board water heater was leaking. It appears on a quick look it had rusted through. I have a 30 gallon electric water heater I use during the spring and summer when the campground water is running. I use the 6 gallon onboard for visits between Oct-Apr. So I really didn't get much info on the onboard heater because we noticed it as we were getting ready to leave back in November. I plan to go down in a week or two to check things out and decide which onboard propane heater to get. In the mean time water is on at the park and I will utilize my 30 gallon heater. Sorry for the long lead in.

I want to bypass my 6 gallon heater and pull it out. I want to simply cut the incoming 1/2" line, cut the outgoing 1/2" line and use two Pex/Sharkbite elbows and a piece of 1/2" tubing to bypass the heater and later in the summer I will replace the heater. So per my title question. Is the "Flexpex" water tubing the same as Pex/Sharkbite?

See image or link

http://www.fairlanet.com/images/rv1.jpg

Thanks,
Thanks,
Doug
2001 Springdale 370BHLGL by Keystone
3 REPLIES 3

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
I used a sharkbite fixture fitting the other day in a residential application. Replaced an outside faucet. It took longer to tape the faucet and the bushing than to set the sharkbite. Amazing technology and I like it!
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
If your water heater already has a bypass system for winterizing you may be most of the way done. Disconnect the water heater fittings and cap them for future use if you decide add another water heater. Open the water heater bypass valve and move on.

No reason to destroy the plumbing that may come in handy later for you or a future owner if you would sell.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it is.
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel