Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: RV travel across Canada during these lockdown times
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

 > RV travel across Canada during these lockdown times

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
noteven

Turtle Island

Senior Member

Joined: 02/13/2011

View Profile



Posted: 04/28/21 12:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

... edit: nothing to add to the vax argument ... but I’ve done commercial travel back and forth Quebec City to interior BC in the last 2-1/2 weeks with RV type units.

* This post was edited 04/28/21 03:44pm by noteven *

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/06/2013

View Profile


Online
Posted: 04/28/21 12:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Boon Docker wrote:

Yes, Canada is way behind the US in vaccinations.
US sits at about 26% fully vaccinated.
Canada sits at about 2.5% fully vaccinated.


Too bad you BCers can't come down here for a vax. They're trying to give 'em away in Seattle and cant fill all the appointments!
This in a state that is super PRO Rona restrictions...


2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

JaxDad

Greater Toronto Area

Senior Member

Joined: 08/02/2011

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 04/28/21 03:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Boon Docker wrote:



I am all for restrictions, but there are some rules in that PDF that are beyond ridiculous. Such as: You are prohibited to socialize with friends in your backyard. But you can all meet and socialize down at the tavern.


It makes total sense, no different than air travel versus land crossings.

The tavern owners & staff are trained and have a LOT to lose if they allow violations or stupidity, drunks in the backyard? ......... Not so much.

Boon Docker

Mountain Foothills of Southern Alberta

Senior Member

Joined: 10/30/2015

View Profile



Posted: 04/28/21 07:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JaxDad wrote:

Boon Docker wrote:



I am all for restrictions, but there are some rules in that PDF that are beyond ridiculous. Such as: You are prohibited to socialize with friends in your backyard. But you can all meet and socialize down at the tavern.


It makes total sense, no different than air travel versus land crossings.

The tavern owners & staff are trained and have a LOT to lose if they allow violations or stupidity, drunks in the backyard? ......... Not so much.


Sorry, but I disagree.

That does not make sense either, that you can fly to a destination, but not allowed to drive across the border to that destination.

If that country does not want foreigners in their country why allow air travel.

JaxDad

Greater Toronto Area

Senior Member

Joined: 08/02/2011

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 04/29/21 05:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Boon Docker wrote:

JaxDad wrote:

Boon Docker wrote:



I am all for restrictions, but there are some rules in that PDF that are beyond ridiculous. Such as: You are prohibited to socialize with friends in your backyard. But you can all meet and socialize down at the tavern.


It makes total sense, no different than air travel versus land crossings.

The tavern owners & staff are trained and have a LOT to lose if they allow violations or stupidity, drunks in the backyard? ......... Not so much.


Sorry, but I disagree.

That does not make sense either, that you can fly to a destination, but not allowed to drive across the border to that destination.

If that country does not want foreigners in their country why allow air travel.


When you fly they know your exposure is limited to a few people, and only at the destination. When you drive you could be going anywhere and doing anything. At the airport there’s lots of time and space to have a good look at people and test them, at a border crossing, forget it.

Could you imagine the mess telling people they needed to be at a land crossing 2 hours before crossing?

Where would they put all the people & their vehicles.

The 3 day quarantine is the same, there’s dozens of hotels around major airports, but not at land crossings thus no where for them to stay while test results come back.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/06/2013

View Profile


Online
Posted: 04/29/21 06:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JaxDad wrote:




When you fly they know your exposure is limited to a few people, and only at the destination. When you drive you could be going anywhere and doing anything. At the airport there’s lots of time and space to have a good look at people and test them, at a border crossing, forget it.



A few people, like hundreds or thousands at the airport, 50 different of which are jammed into a shuttle bus to the rental car place or tram from the terminal like every 30 seconds?
Yup, totally makes sense....

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

 > RV travel across Canada during these lockdown times
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.