Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: 5th Wheel entry steps
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> 5th Wheel entry steps

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
ACZL

UPstate,NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/24/21 07:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Whiskey River wrote:

Barney:
Steps look good.
But I assume your rig came with fold down steps underneath from the factory. When you get the single piece steps that lift up into the door, there is no notch framed in under the door. So to put these in would require modifying the body & frame. Way above my pay grade...

I think Torq Lift makes a foldable step of steps to go inside of coach like the solid ones, but do not require a 4'arc to deploy them. This is addition to their under the door ones like Barney has.

2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/21 08:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lynnmor wrote:

GDS-3950BH wrote:

The RV Industry does not make changes for better performance, use or quality. They make changes only when the new design or item is cheaper to buy and install.

That is my take on it. There is no frame and siding preparation, only a few quick zaps with a screw gun.

Yes it took me awhile to figure this out.
But the steps were rapidly adopted by all the manufactures to save production cost by eliminating the step storage well.
The manufactures ignored all the pitfalls of the one piece steps in order to save/make a buck

19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

BarneyS

S.E. Lower Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/25/21 09:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ACZL wrote:

I think Torq Lift makes a foldable step of steps to go inside of coach like the solid ones, but do not require a 4'arc to deploy them. This is addition to their under the door ones like Barney has.

Yep. Here is a link to their Glowstep Revolution Uprising that bolts in the opening for the door and does not need the "step well" that the ones like I have needed.
They lift up into the door opening like the OP has and need to be swept off or cleaned before closing but they also can be used in very tight places where the others cannot.
Barney

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD

RCMAN46

NorthWest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/25/21 09:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[emoticon]
BarneyS wrote:

ACZL wrote:

Yep. Here is a link to their Glowstep Revolution Uprising that bolts in the opening for the door and does not need the "step well" that the ones like I have needed.
They lift up into the door opening like the OP has and need to be swept off or cleaned before closing but they also can be used in very tight places where the others cannot.
Barney

Torklift is on the ball.

JTrac

Oklahoma

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/25/21 11:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Deleted. I thought I was posting a picture of my Tork Lift Uprising steps in our Pinnacle but it didn't work. This forum does it differently from some other which make it easy to just choose the image and upload it. This one asks for the URL which I thought I did but no go.

JimT
2020 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, 2020 Ford F350, Platinum, 6.7 diesel, 4X4, CCLB, SRW, 12,400 GVWR

BarneyS

S.E. Lower Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/26/21 06:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JTrac wrote:

Deleted. I thought I was posting a picture of my Tork Lift Uprising steps in our Pinnacle but it didn't work. This forum does it differently from some other which make it easy to just choose the image and upload it. This one asks for the URL which I thought I did but no go.

If you will follow these directions exactly, it is very easy to post pictures on our forums. One of our moderators, 1492, developed this photo posting app to post your pictures. It works for other internet sites also. There is no need to have a separate hosting site for your pictures in order to use it.

It is very simple to use.
1. Upload your picture from your computer to the app.
2. Copy the resulting URL.
3. Paste that URL into your post without ANY changes. No additions or deletions.
Your picture will then appear in your post and be properly sized for use on our forums.[emoticon]

I have posted a test thread here for members to try out the app and see how it works. That thread is ONLY for testing however and not for comments on pictures. Good luck.
Barney

SteveB

Rhode Island

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/26/21 01:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks BarneyS. This will come in handy.

2015 RAM 3500 CTD Auto 4X4 CC Dually, Reese 20K
SOLD 8/2015 '01 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD HO 6sp, Reese 15K Pro w/ Kwik Slide, Prodigy
'04 Jayco Jayflight 28.5RKS

shadows4

Kansas City, Mo

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/26/21 08:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We replaced our 3 step foldout steps last year with a 4 step Tork lift Glow step. Best thing I have done for our set up. Used our stimulus money. Woohoo!!!!

2003 4X4 F350,CC,SB,Lariat,7.3L diesel, 214,000 miles
2015 Coachmen Chapparal 324 TSRK
B&W Patriot 16K hitch.

Whiskey River

Pittsburgh, Pa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/27/21 07:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OK This thread has taken on a life of its own. I'm not complaining though. Everyone seems to be venting their frustration with the RV industry & the non-folding entry steps. My original question was what do you do with those steps when traveling. A recap of the 28 answers, only 2 answered correctly Alex!!
1. Park close to the left parking line. I do this.
2. Park where it can't happen. I do this, or try to.
3. 12 entry's about the draw backs of the new type steps.
4. 8 entry's to get Tork lift steps.
5. 6 misc. entry's.
My original question was to find out what you do if you have these one piece fold into the door way steps when traveling & stopping at a non RV park. Leave them out extended or pull them in & hope you don't get stuck inside. I like one piece steps fine when at an RV Park.
I also do like the Tork lift steps & would get them, but for only 2 or 3 nights a year, are cost prohibitive.
Again I am not complaining about all the answers, only recapping.
I park as close to the left line as possible & set an orange cone beside the extended steps....

garyp4951

TN

View Profile

Posted: 04/28/21 10:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have never seen, or heard of anyone staying in their camper with the steps retracted.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> 5th Wheel entry steps
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.