cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

missing cover

swimmer_spe
Explorer
Explorer
I have a cover that flew off of my trailer. It covered the opening for the propane fridge. Would it be possible to just make a frame out of wood, cover it with screening and it be safe?
19 REPLIES 19

swimmer_spe
Explorer
Explorer
swimmer_spe wrote:
https://www.amazon.ca/Dometic-3109350-011-Polar-White-Lower/dp/B004LELY6K

I think that's it. I'll measure it and go from there.

OP here.

I ordered it and it fit perfectly.

swimmer_spe
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.amazon.ca/Dometic-3109350-011-Polar-White-Lower/dp/B004LELY6K

I think that's it. I'll measure it and go from there.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
The fridge is a heat source.. Not a good idea to have flammable wood close to a propane burner even if it is not much more than a pilot light.

60 bucks is. what I think a replacement cost me plus a can of Dupla-Color that came so close to matching the hard to find color of my Rig nobody noticed it.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

lwbfl
Explorer
Explorer
swimmer_spe wrote:
lwbfl wrote:
swimmer_spe wrote:
I have a cover that flew off of my trailer. It covered the opening for the propane fridge. Would it be possible to just make a frame out of wood, cover it with screening and it be safe?

The one on the side, yes but a replacement is probably pretty inexpensive.

It is a 1999 Rockwood Ultra light 24 footer. If you can find one, that would be great!

Found both using Google in .5 seconds. I can't tell you which one you had but if you search for it, you might be able to tell which one it was!
1976 Myself and Wife
2009 DD
3 Doggies
2016 Chevy Z71
2021 Coachmen Apex 253RLS

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here is how I did a road fix on mine when I lost it on the hwy between home and the first rest stop we made... I had forgotten to twist the locking tabs in the lock position..

I did get a replacement cover, but after 2 different tries at getting the correct one, I gave up and just made the one that fit the 'best' work. I had to use the frame they provided and just merged it to the original one. Works and looks fine.. If I ever do get one that fits the original frame, I can still use it too. Just have not worried about it enough to try finding one.

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
This is a Dometic. It also has the dimensions. You have to purchase the door and frame. They do not sell just the door. Doug

https://www.campingworld.com/vent-assembly---polar-white-24162.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=ppc...

This is the Norcold. Note where the lock clips are on each brand.

https://www.amazon.com/Norcold-621156BW-VENT-DOOR-ASSY/dp/B003VATKXE/ref=asc_df_B003VATKXE/?tag=hypr...

swimmer_spe
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
What brand of refer?
Call rig help support line. They maybe able to tell what they used.

Dometic

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
I googled it and looks like all the common styles popped up for sale.
Iโ€™m going to suggest matching up what you had with one of them.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
What brand of refer?
Call rig help support line. They maybe able to tell what they used.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

swimmer_spe
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
1. 1999. There are only 2 access door makers. Dometic or Norcold. Both are available. There are different sizes so make sure you measure your existing hole. Also, a Norcold refer may have a Dometic side vent and Vice Versa.
2. DO NOT install ANY type screen on the side access door louvers. The purpose of the side door and louver cut outs are to get a certain volume of fresh air IN and up the back of the refer Cooling unit. ANY type screen material will block off about 50% of the volume of air needed to adequately operate the refer to cool correctly. Doug

How do I order one?

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
1. 1999. There are only 2 access door makers. Dometic or Norcold. Both are available. There are different sizes so make sure you measure your existing hole. Also, a Norcold refer may have a Dometic side vent and Vice Versa.
2. DO NOT install ANY type screen on the side access door louvers. The purpose of the side door and louver cut outs are to get a certain volume of fresh air IN and up the back of the refer Cooling unit. ANY type screen material will block off about 50% of the volume of air needed to adequately operate the refer to cool correctly. Doug

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Moved to Tech Issues forum from DIY.
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Was it the side vent. vent
or the one on the top?
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Here is a Norcold version.
Refer access cover.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker