Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Best 14” trailer tires
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Best 14” trailer tires

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/21 08:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No complaints with Kenda Karriers either.

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

NamMedevac 70

Reno

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/21 10:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have had excellent service from my Maxxis TT tires for many years.

CharlesinGA

South of Atlanta, Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 04/24/21 11:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hardline wrote:

I know the go to for the 16” are the Sailun tires. My new trailer has 14”. Looking to replace them this weekend. Are there a go to for them? Looking at the Goodyear Endurance in the ST215/75/14. Is there something better? TIA

Short answer..... NO, nothing better than a USA made tire.

Charles

'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed std cab long bed Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180. SOLD - 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

GrandpaKip

Flat Rock

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/26/21 09:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If they’re not already there, install metal stems in the rims. They are best if you get a TPMS.

Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

GrandpaKip

Flat Rock

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/26/21 09:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LVJJJ wrote:

I've used "no name' Chinese tires for years, mostly from Les Schwab. Never had a blowout in over 30 years. Secret is to keep them up to 50+ lbs and inspect them each time you stop for gas or back into a camp site. Looking at how far over the edge of tire they are running tells you if the pressure is correct. Have absolutely no use for the pressure sensors, not accurate enough for me. Wish I could get rid of them in my HHR. Also, don't overload or drive much over 65.

Our Trailer TPMS is about 3 pounds off from an air gauge reading. It’s always been like that. If I add 3 pounds to the TPMS, I get the “true” tire pressure, according to the gauge.
The TPMS in the truck matches up with the gauge within 1 pound.
For me, it’s all good.

Les Balty

Nacogdoches, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/26/21 07:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just had Goodyear Endurance ST205/75R14D tires on my 2019 Springdale single axle trailer. Should have done so a year ago. The original tires on camping trailers are ****. My research showed that the Endurance is the best. That's what I want when my little camper only has two on the ground. The improvement was immediately obvious. Clearly these tires are worth the extra cash. I can get more money, but not more time so I plan to make the best use of the more precious resource.

Les Balty

Les Balty

Nacogdoches, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/26/21 08:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hardline wrote:

Thank y’all for the responses. Exactly what I was looking for. It’s a new to us 31’ 2018 Heartland Sundance. Sold our 5ver and went to this. We are definitely not road warriors. I’d be surprised if we put 1000 miles a year on one. Just need the best chance of not having a blow out. It’s insane to chance $2000 trailer damage with a blow out by trying to save $20-$100 per tire. Lol going to get the GY put on this week.

Good reasoning. A blowout is expensive. I do 1,000 miles in a single trip and am surprised the original tires lasted as long as they did. The mancave tows so much better on the Goodyear Endurance ST205/75R 14D I wish I had done it right away. The original tires did last for thousands of miles but a blowout in rural Nebraska made me question my judgement. I could feel the difference immediately today even at SLOW speed.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Best 14” trailer tires
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.