cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

LED Awning Light Strip Does not work on Brand New Trailer

jonaz
Explorer
Explorer
Just bought a brand new 2021 Coachman Catalina 263BHSCK. Upon PDI inspection, I noticed that the LED light strip would not come on (yes, I had the exterior light button in the on position). I cant believe my dealer did not have this fixed before I picked it up.

Anyway, I took the trailer home and there does not appear to be a fuse behind the control panel inside. I checked the connection on the right side of the awning where the LED light strip plugs into DC power by the awning and it was very lose (little 4 pin connection). One pin looked bent so I straightened it and plugged it back in. When I turn on the exterior lights now, the LED awning light strip flickers once briefly and turns back off. Any suggestions? Yes, the dealer can fix it but its going to take weeks before they can get me back in because I am having some other stuff done. Thanks in advance!

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Hemi (3.92 gears)
Prodigy brake controller,Weight Distribution Hitch
2021 Coachman Catalina 263BHSCK

6 REPLIES 6

jonaz
Explorer
Explorer
JaxDad wrote:
A friend had a similar issue, the LEDโ€™s were obviously installed by someone who doesnโ€™t know they are polarity sensitive. I reversed the positive & negative and they worked just fine.

Are you talking about on the little 4 pin connector or this something else?

jonaz
Explorer
Explorer
bgum wrote:
I can't believe you took possession before it was fixed.

I wanted to go camping and I figured it would be an easy fix.

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
A friend had a similar issue, the LEDโ€™s were obviously installed by someone who doesnโ€™t know they are polarity sensitive. I reversed the positive & negative and they worked just fine.

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
OK, had the same problem and found the solution, the light switch inside has to be on, but to make it work, you have to use the remote. You would think that the off/on switch would give you that option

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
I can't believe you took possession before it was fixed.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
well youmust be close , I might by a new connector plug ,might hard wire it to make sure its the problem. some of those little connector plugs don,t get 100% put to gether right.