cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Height of Unit

Cardinals
Explorer
Explorer
When the manufacturer states the height of the unit are they taking into account the air conditioning unit and vents on the top of the roof. Our says 11.25 feet.

Thanks in advance.
9 REPLIES 9

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
DrewE wrote:
Probably, but measure for yourself.
X-2, I never read what the manufacturer said, I went straight to measuring it myself, 11-4 to top of AC.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Healeyman
Explorer
Explorer

DavidandDayle
Explorer
Explorer
Tip:
Make a label with the height and put it where you can see it while you drive. (Mine is on a section of the rear-view mirror that doesn't show anything.)
Translate the height into meters and put that on too.
Bearing down on an overpass at 60mph is no time for doing arithmetic in your head.
David and Dayle

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
Phoenix Cruiser model 2350 on the E350 chassis was advertised at 9'-10" to the top of the a/c unit, and ours was true to that spec. The a/c unit on our rig is the highest point. But if you have a satellite dome, that is going to be taller.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
I expect the listed height would be the "as shipped" height from the manufacturer. If a dealer adds an A/C later on, then it's not included. Best to check it to be sure as said.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Cardinals
Explorer
Explorer
Just a quick update for those who care, I measured the unit, including the ac box on top and it matches, in total, what the manufacturer said.....

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

My factory height did not include the air conditioner.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
WInnebago does BUT confirm by measuring.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Probably, but measure for yourself.