cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2021 GMC factory towing camera?

Pbois334
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone use a GMC factory camera in their travel trailer? I purchased a new Sierra and would like to use the factory dash monitor to view the rear of the camper. My local dealer said it was $479. They claim this camera does not make the trailer disappear but I only want it for viewing behind the rv while traveling. I would like to hear from someone who has it and get their prospective before I shell out that kind of money
3 REPLIES 3

miltvill
Explorer
Explorer
The factory camera only makes your trailer invisible if it is a box trailer/TT under 33 feet. The camera is mounted on the TT at the same height as the tail gate camera is on your TV. The camera mounted on the back of your trailer takes the place of your tail gate camera. You have to enter the length of the TT from the TV hitch into the TT in the setup for your TV (dash display in trailer mode). This will calibrate the side cameras with the new rear camera of your TT so it appears the TT is invisible. For longer a longer TT the camera will appear as a window on the back of your TT.
2020 GMC Denali\Duramax 3500HD Dually Crew Cab
Sold-Trail Cruiser TC23QB

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
I think I would freak out if I looked at the display and did not see my trailer...lol. Glad to hear your install went well.

Pbois334
Explorer
Explorer
I bit the bullet and bought the factory GM camera. I did the install today using the factory furion mount. Popped the hole behind the mount into the rear top bunk, then into the shower wall and fished up the length of the trailer. I coiled the excess wire up and secured in the underbelly. I will say the camera is crystal clear and I can’t wait to use it on my trip. I opted for the plan model camera that doesn’t have the invisible view. I highly recommend it. I have a few pics but don’t know how to post as the posting link doesn’t work