Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation FIT DISCREPENCIES On Amish Built Cooling Unit

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II

Installation FIT DISCREPENCIES On Amish Built Fridge Cooling Unit

This video shows the fit discrepancies encountered while reinstalling the original parts onto the new Amish Built Cooling Unit. Not terribly difficult but each one may have it's own challenges or perhaps no problems at all. The fridge is now back in and working great so far. If anyone is looking to do this project themselves, this series of videos will help greatly.
4 REPLIES 4

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
3 tons wrote:
What is this?? A compressor conversion, or absorbtion replacement?? ...Lost in the woods...

3 tons

Notice how the splash picture shows a propane valve, a burner, an igniter, a thermocouple, a fire box compartment, a sheet metal chimney, a reservoir and pipes. This video shows an Absorption type fridge. You can see the flame in a couple places and a compressor never appears, neither is the word spoken in this video. I did look into the Amish Built Compressor conversion fridge but decided it wasn't the right fit for a truck camper though that is probably an arguable point. We would have to triple our solar and get a large enough bank of LI FE batteries to provide enough power to run a compressor fridge. This video actually is focused on dealing with the problems that arise while installing the new cooling unit and the modifications that had to be made to make parts fit or work with the new unit. If you are interested in doing the compressor type fridge conversion, here is a good video how this couple did theirs by "Morton's On The Move". A note on performance, They say their compressor achieves about 40 degrees inside. My new Absorption unit achieves 30 in the fridge and 3 in the freezer on an 80 degree day with the fridge exterior wall exposed to the sun. I could if I wanted, run the fridge off my 600 watt PSW inverter and 234 watts of solar for a few hours a day, longer if driving off the alternator. I do not understand the urge to go compressor over Absorption. Absorption is a very efficient and versatile system. OK, Here are those two videos. "Morton's On The Move". They also did a 6 month update video.

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
Lwiddis wrote:
Good detailed video. TY for posting.

Thank You...

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
What is this?? A compressor conversion, or absorbtion replacement?? ...Lost in the woods...

3 tons

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Good detailed video. TY for posting.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad