cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I need a FAST route MA to Atlanta GA

RVER
Explorer
Explorer
I have suddenly found i need to go to Atlanta GA from West of Boston so I can get on 95 South or the Mass Pike Rt 90 but would like to get there as fast as possible and would like to avoid NYC if possible on 95 due to the traffic jams leading into NY from CT and then over the GW Bridge. IS it still so trafficked now that Covid hit or is that over now for traffic? NEED it to be the fast route, MUST do it by leaving Tuesday and be there Wednesday night. SO any help will be very appreciated. THANKS in advance.
2003 Newmar Mountain Aire Vortec engine 35ft
2002 Sunnybrook 34BWTS On site at campground as a seasonal
Chevy Silverado 2500HD with Duramax engine and Allison transmission
Pullrite Superglide Hitch, Prodigy brake controller
S and S Co-Travelers
12 REPLIES 12

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Really---I lived near Hagerstown until recently, just north, and ran to Winchester often. Never saw a traffic problem on 81. But you decide if something else is routinely better

BackOfThePack
Explorer
Explorer
ferndaleflyer wrote:
Look at this. I-90 to I-84 to I-81 to I-77 to I-85. All good not much traffic roads and miss all of the I-95 drama.

Heavy traffic no matter what route once near Hagerstown, MD.

But, as a truck driver this is the route Iโ€™d be using.
2004 555 CTD QC LB NV-5600
1990 35โ€™ Silver Streak

Darklock
Explorer
Explorer
As a warning, the last three times I rode I85 south through S Carolina I managed to sit for 1 1/2 hours due to wrecks in an area of construction, outside of Spartanburg, where the south bound lanes are divided by jersey barriers. The single lane makes for very slow wreck cleanup.

RVER
Explorer
Explorer
IVYLOG HOW much time does it add to the time of the trip. We are leaving back to MA on Saturday and must be back by a reasonable time Sunday night so one overnight at the hotel.
S and S Co-Travelers

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
On the return Iโ€™d do a scenic route from Marietta ... I-575/515 to GA 17-NC 69 to US 64 to Franklin, NC. 441 to 23 to I-40E to I-26 to I-81 all good roads.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

RVER
Explorer
Explorer
THANKS all, get out to 81 and down to 77 to I 85 to Atlanta sounds the best of us. Airplane was VERY expensive and it wanted us to leave at 6am and fly to FL and switch planes and get to Atlanta at 11PM so NO thanks. AND it costs about %500 a person to do that. THANKS again. This is a fast trip down 2 days, stay 2 days and come home in 2 days. All for a grandson who stumbled and such but is now graduating high school and want to show him all our support. Family is everything.
S and S Co-Travelers

valhalla360
Nomad
Nomad
Plug it into google maps. It will typically come back with 3-4 viable routes.

If you want to avoid NYC, you can drag the route, so it bypasses the city.

You can also avoid toll roads, ferries and such if that is important to you.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:
Take a plane...heh

I also was going to suggest: American Airlines or Delta
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Take a plane...heh
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thats the best advice, jog west ad head down I-81

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Look at this. I-90 to I-84 to I-81 to I-77 to I-85. All good not much traffic roads and miss all of the I-95 drama.

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
Mass Pike to I84 to I81 to I26 to I85 This bypass all the large cities.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos