Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Opinions on lightweight portable inverter/generators
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Opinions on lightweight portable inverter/generators

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev
full_mosey

Oklahoma

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/07/21 03:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

moonlightrunner wrote:

My goddaughter works for Harbor Freight. She is a freight supervisor. This is what she tells me.... The Tailgator generator is garbage and no longer sold. If you buy a generator, get the extended warranty and if you have a problem, just return it. She says most of the people who use HF genny's on their RVs or other heavy use, exchange them before the warranty runs out, even if they are running fine. I use her 20% off employee/family discount for everything I buy from HF. My goddaughter knows the return rates on all the HF gennys. There are a couple that she refuses to promote (the Tailgator was one). She recently came home all excited about one of the new inverter gennys. This is the one she is going to put on her new-2-her truck camper (13.5BTU Air). She is also going to add a conversion kit so she can run it on LP. https://www.harborfreight.com/4400-watt-inverter-generator-with-co-secure-technology-epa-iii-57509.html

You're joking, right?

Dave H M

IL

View Profile

Posted: 11/08/21 07:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I get a kick out someone starting a genny thread on here, kinda like asking if you need a dually to pull the pop up. [emoticon]

Also seems like the Honda folks are really concerned about needing service and parts. [emoticon]

I have run a Predator for house back up and a Champ for camping. No problems or parts needed.

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/08/21 09:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

full_mosey wrote:

moonlightrunner wrote:

My goddaughter works for Harbor Freight. She is a freight supervisor. This is what she tells me.... The Tailgator generator is garbage and no longer sold. If you buy a generator, get the extended warranty and if you have a problem, just return it. She says most of the people who use HF genny's on their RVs or other heavy use, exchange them before the warranty runs out, even if they are running fine. I use her 20% off employee/family discount for everything I buy from HF. My goddaughter knows the return rates on all the HF gennys. There are a couple that she refuses to promote (the Tailgator was one). She recently came home all excited about one of the new inverter gennys. This is the one she is going to put on her new-2-her truck camper (13.5BTU Air). She is also going to add a conversion kit so she can run it on LP. https://www.harborfreight.com/4400-watt-inverter-generator-with-co-secure-technology-epa-iii-57509.html

You're joking, right?
Yea right. That is not small or lightweight.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

zb39

slippery rock

View Profile

Posted: 11/08/21 12:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I used to have 2 Honda 2k gensets. If I didn't run them once a month they got gummed up. I don't run them that much. After messing with them a few times I sold them and bought one that I can drain the gas out of the carb. It runs my AC or my electric fireplace. $399 at Sams. Love it

2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

bikendan

Camano Island, Wash.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/08/21 11:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

zb39 wrote:

I used to have 2 Honda 2k gensets. If I didn't run them once a month they got gummed up. I don't run them that much. After messing with them a few times I sold them and bought one that I can drain the gas out of the carb. It runs my AC or my electric fireplace. $399 at Sams. Love it

What $400 inverter generator can run an a/c?

Dan- Firefighter, Retired">, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur">, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP">), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Bobbo

Wherever I park

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/09/21 07:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

zb39 wrote:

But, you CAN drain the Honda carb.

https://youtu.be/Spn8Zx_cIz0

Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Opinions on lightweight portable inverter/generators
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.