Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Rv-ers prefer Duramax?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Rv-ers prefer Duramax?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next
larry barnhart

wenatchee. wa usa

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/21 10:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just finished a week towing and our 05 has towed what we have great. Best truck we have had. 113K miles. Back in a fifth for the coming winter season again. chevman

chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/21 11:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

larry barnhart wrote:

We just finished a week towing and our 05 has towed what we have great. Best truck we have had. 113K miles. Back in a fifth for the coming winter season again. chevman

That’s great news Larry!
Hope the wife is doing well.

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 05/01/21 04:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Folks buy Rams because they're cheaper. The cheapskates I work with all drive Rams. You know those guys? The ones always dipping into the have a penny give a penny tray at the 7-11.

pitch

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/01/21 06:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fanboy and trolling aside. Central NY is lousy with Super duties with Ram taking second. I am noticing GM.s newest release more on the roads, and when I see one, I wonder did they just massage a Fords front end?

Purely unscientific observation on the local roads!

Devo the dog

Moved out of crazy California

View Profile

Posted: 05/01/21 08:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GDS-3950BH wrote:

Folks buy Rams because they're cheaper. The cheapskates I work with all drive Rams. You know those guys? The ones always dipping into the have a penny give a penny tray at the 7-11.

Unfortunately, I didn't fully understand this until after I bought one and it started having problems. The fact that the typical ram owner is a cheapskate doesn't bother me. The problem is that the manufacture and dealerships know that they can provide a substandard truck and horrible service because the cheapskates don't care if things don't work, or break. They have and will continue to settle for whatever they're given, and then, they'll defend the piece of junk to the grave. LOL. All they care about is that a hunk of metal can tow a heavy load up a hill.

The dodge fan boys hate the dodge/ram dealerships. Now that I have owned a Mexican Fiat Oui-Oui (La fiat wee-wee), I understand why.
The only thing more incompetent than Ram is Bye-don and his supporters.

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/01/21 09:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cummins2014 wrote:

Thats pretty close to 2K more then what I am towing with my 2014, although it does a great job, being a SRW with a short bed ,its got a bit longer wheel base then yours being the megacab, and its all I want with a SRW.

The trick is this 5th wheel has a 2435 dry pin weight. Start with a trailer that has 3000-3200 dry pin weight and it does not work and/or add a W/D in the nose. The Aisin/HO helped also. Never lacked power and towed in windy conditions quite often.

2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it!

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/01/21 09:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

larry barnhart wrote:

Larry, are you going to be back in Casa Grande next winter? Now my wife is the one with a medical condition!

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 05/01/21 10:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

larry barnhart wrote:

Post a new thread showing your new toy.

I was privileged to pics already. [emoticon]

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 05/01/21 10:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GDS-3950BH wrote:

WOW, that's harsh.

My "cheap" RAM still doing it's job and still looking good after 6 years and 84k towing this measly combo at 35k up and down the little hills on the West coast.

[image]
[image]

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 05/01/21 01:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

GDS-3950BH wrote:

WOW, that's harsh.

My "cheap" RAM still doing it's job and still looking good after 6 years and 84k towing this measly combo at 35k up and down the little hills on the West coast.

Devo the dog wrote:

The problem is that the manufacture and dealerships know that they can provide a substandard truck and horrible service because the cheapskates don't care if things don't work, or break. They have and will continue to settle for whatever they're given, and then, they'll defend the piece of junk to the grave. LOL.

Yes they certainly will LOL.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Rv-ers prefer Duramax?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.