Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Dually tire replacement upcharge
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Dually tire replacement upcharge

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
mkirsch

Rochester, NY

View Profile

Posted: 04/29/21 08:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

scootsk wrote:

bucky wrote:

Related to throwing heavy tires around..........
We hired a young man to do oil changes and tire rotations. He was a slight young man and HIS friend that recommended him told him that he'd never be able to lift the heavy truck tires. He suggested that he should let the 70 lbs of air out of each tire before he moved them so that he didn't hurt himself, and then refill them with "new" air.
The young man did as what was suggested for several vehicles before one of the guys took pity on him and filled him in on the prank.

I've never had a bad experience at Discount Tire. I just wish that they did front end alignments. I'm retired so Sunday openings aren't necessary.

Love this kinda stuff!! So many funny stories out there just like this. It sucks being the new guy. Have to have a thick skin.

Not many young people have a thick skin anymore though.

No, no, no! You're supposed to grouse about how stupid young people are, and how they don't come out of the womb knowing how to do everything like you did!

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 04/29/21 09:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"I've never had a bad experience at Discount Tire. I just wish that they did front end alignments."

Let Frame & Axle guys do alignments and tire guys do tires!

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

bobsallyh

Livingston, TX.

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/21 01:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12v98, that is exactly my thoughts. That is what get's Big O Tire here in Yuma, AZ in trouble. A person buys tires at Big O and then gets a whole laundry list of suspension parts that need replaced. Unfortunately they seem to prey on folks that have no idea of vehicles and they get taken to the proverbially cleaners.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/21 05:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bobsallyh wrote:

Cummins12v98, that is exactly my thoughts. That is what get's Big O Tire here in Yuma, AZ in trouble. A person buys tires at Big O and then gets a whole laundry list of suspension parts that need replaced. Unfortunately they seem to prey on folks that have no idea of vehicles and they get taken to the proverbially cleaners.

Les Schwab has the same Vulture Business additude in the West. Truly pathetic!!!

Ron3rd

Upland, CA USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/02/21 11:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Another vote for America's Tire/Discount Tire. Price is never an issue because they will match any online price if you find a tire cheaper. At least the ones in my area will. I also like the fact they don't do brakes, shocks, alignments, etc so there's never pressure to sell anything other than tires.

2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 05/02/21 12:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ron3rd wrote:

Another vote for America's Tire/Discount Tire. Price is never an issue because they will match any online price if you find a tire cheaper. At least the ones in my area will. I also like the fact they don't do brakes, shocks, alignments, etc so there's never pressure to sell anything other than tires.

I used to buy my tires at Costco. Now only Discount Tire. If you notice there is usually a Discount/Americas tire near most Costco's.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Dually tire replacement upcharge
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.