cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

If it works for EV commercial trucks will it work for EVRVs

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
Interesting article. Will EV RVers get the same benefits?

https://insideevs.com/news/503315/benefits-commercial-trucks-tesla-semi/
19 REPLIES 19

dedmiston
I'm closing the myriad of EV threads. Please use this one instead.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Most motor homes do not acquire a lot of mileage per year. When used, they may be on the road 8 - 12 hours per day (2 drivers). We are a LONG WAY from battery technology being capable of storing that much energy in a reasonable size housing and at a reasonable cost !

It might work for Pesico, where the distance between stops is not overly long and the amount of "idle" time is high.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
free radical wrote:
JIMNLIN wrote:
Wonder how those EV tow trucks will make noise/racket like pre '03 5.9 Cummins or Fords 6.9/7.3 PSD..... or the roar from noisy exhaust systems. Some folks gonna' have withdrawal pains.

With Tesla one can download any sound you want

https://youtu.be/M_e8k6V5Xvg

Heh heh. We use the knight rider theme when we use the summons feature in parking lots. Too funny.

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
JIMNLIN wrote:
Wonder how those EV tow trucks will make noise/racket like pre '03 5.9 Cummins or Fords 6.9/7.3 PSD..... or the roar from noisy exhaust systems. Some folks gonna' have withdrawal pains.

With Tesla one can download any sound you want

https://youtu.be/M_e8k6V5Xvg

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

lbrjet
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
If you want to save money and the environment... get a tent and a bicycle. And yes people actually do this and no one gives them grief.

Otherwise yes. An EV RV will work for some. I wish them well, same as the cyclist.

X2
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equalizer E4 1200/12000

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
Deb and Ed M wrote:
I can only imagine the brownout that would happen in my neighborhood if a fast-charge EV plugged in. My lights briefly dim when my neighbor starts his table saw.....LOL!!!!!

Well, I canโ€™t say I have ever heard of a DC fast charger in a housing neighbourhood so I donโ€™t think you have anything to worry about. :).

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
I can only imagine the brownout that would happen in my neighborhood if a fast-charge EV plugged in. My lights briefly dim when my neighbor starts his table saw.....LOL!!!!!
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
K Charles wrote:
If you can't use a fast charge in the cold will over the road truckers drive one day and then take every other day off to charge the battery?

I had to read that twice. Why canโ€™t I use a fast charge in the cold? I do it routinely.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
If you can't use a fast charge in the cold will over the road truckers drive one day and then take every other day off to charge the battery?

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
I'll give you an update when I get my Cybertruck pulling my RV. lol

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Reisender wrote:
stickdog wrote:
Waiting for a self driving E-moterhome so I can sleep through Nebraska.

And parts of Texas. :).

Don't forget Kansas and eastern CO,SD!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
stickdog wrote:

And parts of Texas. :).

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu