Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Forced out of your reservation
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Forced out of your reservation

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 04/27/21 02:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Didn’t watch, but if no extenuating circumstances for loosing your campsite, I’d be livid, if it was important or difficult to change locations.
IE, I make a reservation for a stop somewhere for the night and get bounced, maybe no big deal.
I make reservations for our one family trip for the year at the only place that can accommodate our group and boat slips, etc, I’m coming un-glued.

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/27/21 05:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I watched it. I'm having trouble believing him. Seemed more self-promotion than anything else.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

bucky

Raleigh metro

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/28/21 05:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The sad part is that these so called YouTubers are making money off of their babbling. Very few have content worth watching.

2005 Cummins 3500 2WD LB quad cab dually pulling a 2014 Blue Ridge 3025RL

pitch

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/28/21 05:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bucky wrote:

The sad part is that these so called YouTubers are making money off of their babbling. Very few have content worth watching.

Sad part? you kidding right? It is an honest way to make a living. If I had the charisma, the chutzpah,the talent the gift for gab,I would most definitely consider you tubing as a career.
Why on earth do you object to someone not collecting welfare,food stamps, and Medicaid.
Seeing as this guy gets enough views for you tube to monetize his channel, I am guessing your statement is of not much import.

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/28/21 07:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bucky wrote:

Millions will disagree with you. And the same can be said about many books that are on the market.

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 04/28/21 07:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bucky wrote:

This thread has zero informative info compared to most RV blogs.
I've watched several of this guys videos and yeah he's sometimes pushing a product but whats wrong with that. I see that on TV every night or on the internet everyday.
I give most bloggers kudos. I can blab with the best but put a camera in my face and I'm tongue tied.

wapiticountry

Mountain West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/28/21 08:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It seems that most YouTube crowd were previously in the construction business, specializing in making Mountains out of Molehills. It often appears they go to great lengths to make everyday encounters expand into click worthy events. But heck, it is on the internet, so it must be true..

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/28/21 02:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

Didn’t watch, but if no extenuating circumstances for loosing your campsite, I’d be livid, if it was important or difficult to change locations.
IE, I make a reservation for a stop somewhere for the night and get bounced, maybe no big deal.
I make reservations for our one family trip for the year at the only place that can accommodate our group and boat slips, etc, I’m coming un-glued.

Do you think unglued will change anything , most likely just the opposite.

AllegroD

Outdare

View Profile

Posted: 04/28/21 08:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I do not understand his reaction. Maybe something is missing. If someone treated us that way, I would be getting in touch with the owner or manager. If the owner/manager could not satisfy us, I would be posting the name of the CG and maybe contacting the state AG. Slighting one person, who has a reservation, in favor of another person, whether in a group or not, is wrong. We all know that. It might even be illegal in some states. Once you make a deal with someone, you keep it. There obligatory laws about this. On top of that, you do not treat people this way.

bucky

Raleigh metro

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/29/21 03:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wapiticountry wrote:

It seems that most YouTube crowd were previously in the construction business, specializing in making Mountains out of Molehills. It often appears they go to great lengths to make everyday encounters expand into click worthy events. But heck, it is on the internet, so it must be true..

That's what I'm saying. If time is money, quit wasting mine. I'm fine with their income, it's the content that is nonsense.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Forced out of your reservation
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.