Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Forced out of your reservation
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Forced out of your reservation

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
AllegroD

Outdare

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/21 06:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dutch_12078 wrote:

AllegroD wrote:

I do not understand his reaction. Maybe something is missing. If someone treated us that way, I would be getting in touch with the owner or manager. If the owner/manager could not satisfy us, I would be posting the name of the CG and maybe contacting the state AG. Slighting one person, who has a reservation, in favor of another person, whether in a group or not, is wrong. We all know that. It might even be illegal in some states. Once you make a deal with someone, you keep it. There obligatory laws about this. On top of that, you do not treat people this way.

If you read the comments under the video, he did contact the owner after the fact and was offered a free week's stay. The owner also acknowledged that the fairly new employee had handled the situation incorrectly. I'm not sure what more the park owner could have done at that point.

Nope! Did not read the comments. Only watched the video. I do not expect an answer to this but why did he not include that in his video?

chops1sc

Sumter, SC

View Profile

Posted: 05/04/21 09:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

Nope! Did not read the comments. Only watched the video. I do not expect an answer to this but why did he not include that in his video?

He will likely give an updated video with the new information. I have been a subscriber to his channel for a long time and he does well with following up about stuff.

I feel like he handled it well considering the trip was never made. If he had loaded up and pulled to the CG only to find he had no spot I believe his reaction would have been different.

chops1sc - YouTube Channel

JoeH

Apollo Beach,FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/05/21 06:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gbopp wrote:

dodge guy wrote:

I stopped after a minute. I hate these types of videos of driving and talking.

I hate them too, I'm glad you gave that info. I won't bother watching the video.

Me three---- what does driving around town have to do with the issue ?
If he doesn't name the cg, as far as I'm concerend, it didn't happen . How does this video help anyone ?

Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

mosseater

Dillsburg, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/05/21 06:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The subject at hand being the spot being reserved, not how he makes his living or makes vids, I'd be looking for some compensation in some way. Like a free stay at a future date. Failing that satisfaction, I'd be temped to drive there bright and early and set up my camper before the rest get there, with my confirmation in hand. Thats a poor way to treat customers who have reserved a site. Lock in fee? Maybe for a specific site instead of a site they designate, but my confirmed reservation and accepted fee ARE my lock in to stay there one way or another. I'm thinking Id set up right next to their main office and see if that suits them.

"It`s not important that you know all the answers, it`s only important to know where to get all the answers" Arone Kleamyck
"...An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." Col. Jeff Cooper
Sunset Creek 298 BH

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Forced out of your reservation
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.