cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Route

skgil
Explorer
Explorer
I am planning to travel from Page, AZ to Durango, CO on May 5th, 2021. I am traveling in a 35 Ft Diesel Pusher Motorhome towing an SUV. I am planning to take Hwy 98 south from Page to Hwy 160 east to Durango. Has anyone been over this route in a big rig and is it okay for my set up. Thanks for any info you can provide.
4 REPLIES 4

2g_s
Explorer
Explorer
Your planned route is good. We've done it multiple times in a 40' motorhome.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
skgil wrote:
I am planning to travel from Page, AZ to Durango, CO on May 5th, 2021. I am traveling in a 35 Ft Diesel Pusher Motorhome towing an SUV. I am planning to take Hwy 98 south from Page to Hwy 160 east to Durango. Has anyone been over this route in a big rig and is it okay for my set up. Thanks for any info you can provide.
Come back & let us know how you make out, while we don't have a rig that big, we are going that very route in July.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Darklock
Explorer
Explorer
Only rode them on a motorcycle, but you should be good to go.

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
skgil wrote:

Don't have a big rig but applicable to anything travelling this route...there's little to no paved shoulders on AZ 98 or US 160 if there happens to be a need to pull off these highways. Shoulders didn't seem to be wide enough to get completely off he roadway, more like bike lanes than shoulders. The dirt/sand shoulders also have a slope downward. The roads themselves were fine; however in Colorado from US 491 to the state line, that stretch seemed to be rougher than in Arizona.

Also be aware of few fuel stops. I know there's one in Kayenta on US 160 since I stopped there to top off my tank before proceeding to Page.
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.