cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

need 411 on Winegard Pathway X2 PA6002R Wally Receiver

obie311
Explorer
Explorer
A local guy getting out of RV'ing has a Winegard Pathway X2 PA6002R Satellite TV Antenna and DISH Wally Receiver for sale for $200.

My wife likes to watch her TV shows so I'd like to not have to depend on the Cable feeds from RV parks but I'm not up on the latest technology. Here's a few questions I have:

• Is this a good unit with current technology?
  • Is this a good price?
  • Assuming a good LOS to the satellite are these things reasonably reliable? (my wife holds me personally responsible for all tech issues LOL)

If you have a suggestion for a better system in the $400 price range I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts.

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

Community Alumni
Not applicable
I have just went to Dish an use a Pathway X2 with a Wally bought at Amazon for $369.00 current price is $566.00 so $200.00 is not bad.

JimR

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
I've had a Pathway X2 and 211 receiver for what seems like 7-8 years. Zero issues. Just download the Dish Pointer app so you can verify LOS for the sats.
I would add a external hard drive DVR to it. Need a one time $50 activation fee but after that it's free. That way you can pause and record. Can only watch one show while recording.
$200 is a killer deal.

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are full-timers and have used that combo for years. Great set-up. As stated, the Pathway X2 is the best of the automatic portables for Dish Network.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
Great deal on excellent equipment!

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
The pathway X2 is about the best portable dome antenna available for DISH Network. It is capable of receiving either DISH Eastern Arc or Western Arc satellites which makes it easy to set up in somewhat obstructed locations. The Wally is DISH's basic HD receiver and if coupled with a external hard drive you can have a DVR.

The $200 price for both is a good deal.