cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

CA Redwoods Area for a 42' FW

mittshel
Explorer
Explorer
Would like to explore the Redwoods. We can FHU or boondock and then drive the truck to explore. Have not found just the right spot yet. Any suggestions. Many thanks. Betsy.
Betsy
9 REPLIES 9

cbigham
Explorer III
Explorer III
You might try elk country rv park and resort south of Orick. Full hook ups and also have a well shaded large tree area. I've also enjoyed https://www.emeraldforestcabins.com/ when I had my 40 ft diesel motorhome. Last trip there in April I also had good luck at the county "Big Lagoons" campground. North of Trinidad. I had a site right at shore. There are 3 electric only sites there. I'd scout it first on a day trip. If you get a site, great!

In my years, never had success in state parks. It's ok tho, all worked out.

kknowlton
Explorer
Explorer
Crescent City KOA is really nice. It has its own little section of VERY big trees. (Big rigs won't fit in that section, but you can walk thru it.)
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

gtnsmlr
Explorer
Explorer
The KOA just north of Crecent City make a great staging area as most the parks are a good day trip.
The older we get, the faster we go

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you can be there in late July through mid August, the blackberries will be ripe. Bring leather gloves, and don't eat too much at once.

If you want to go north of Ancient Redwoods and the Avenue of the Giants to Prairie Creek (great hiking), Kamp Klamath has some sites for big rigs.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

mittshel
Explorer
Explorer
Perfect. Thanks folks. Betsy
Betsy

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Fairly large sites at Ancient too

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

RognBon
Explorer
Explorer
Hers's another vote for Ancient Redwoods. It's our favorite spot to stay when visiting the redwoods.
RognBon
1997 Monaco Dynasty 40'
Cummins 8.3 325 HP
2008 Ford Edge Toad

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
morely, is right. Ancient Redwoods RV Park in Redcrest would be a great place for your large RV.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

morley
Explorer
Explorer
Ancient Redwoods RV Park in Redcrest, right on the Avenue of Giants. Stayed there twice on Redwood Trips. Great park, easy access, friendly and helpful owners.
Right in the middle of everything that you may want to see.
2008 Topaz F254SS 26 ft.
2009 Chevy Silverado, 2500HD, Duramax, Allison Tranny, 4x4, EC
250 watt solar panel system, BlueSky controller and remote