cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Free Immunizations to Tourists

fullmoonoversal
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know if you have heard about this, but Alaska is planning to offer free immunizations to tourists. News article
2017 Coachmen Galleria
21 REPLIES 21

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
azdryheat wrote:
Here in Tucson the county is trying to come up with ways to entice people to get Covid vaccine. Seems there's a lot of people, like me, that are saying no to the shot.

BTW there is no such thing as a 'free' vaccine. Somebody, somewhere paid for that shot with his/her taxes. Remember, the government has no money of its own.

Thumbs up!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
I wonder if they will start including 12-15 year olds in their plan now that it's been approved for that age. Up here parent's reactions have been mixed as to whether or not they will get their child vaccinations but I've read a number of stories where kids have urged other kids to get it due to how ill they have gotten plus the risk of spreading it to others.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Here in Tucson the county is trying to come up with ways to entice people to get Covid vaccine. Seems there's a lot of people, like me, that are saying no to the shot.

BTW there is no such thing as a 'free' vaccine. Somebody, somewhere paid for that shot with his/her taxes. Remember, the government has no money of its own.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
FWIW, although things could change by July, various covid-related restrictions in Anchorage (and a few other home rule / self-governing localities) are in excess of any State of Alaska "mandates", most of which are at most recommendations.

Same in NH. A few towns/cities still have mask mandates and most stores have not dropped their mask requirement. We have also gone to a "best practices" situation (not mandatory) as cases continue to drop as people get vaccinated.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

PA12DRVR
Explorer
Explorer
"Back to Alaska-we will be there next month. I'll be checking while going through the airport to see if anyone is taking them up on it. Should be interesting."

Just got back to AK from a week-long trip....the shot / test area (in TSIA) is indeed interesting. The line for testing and the line for shots were both much shorter than the line for the nearby Starbucks stand. Didn't count, but my impression was that there were more folks in orange vests saying "tests this way" "vaccines this way" than there were people being either tested or vaccinated.

FWIW, although things could change by July, various covid-related restrictions in Anchorage (and a few other home rule / self-governing localities) are in excess of any State of Alaska "mandates", most of which are at most recommendations.
CRL
My RV is a 1946 PA-12
Back in the GWN

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Back to Alaska-we will be there next month. I'll be checking while going through the airport to see if anyone is taking them up on it. Should be interesting.

As far as 46 goes, what he does is totally irrelevant. Totally.

Douglas Adams

Galvanizd
Explorer
Explorer
Crowe . Restrictions are largely in place. Check your own states rules. Live Free or Die.

Merely saying , still not true, does not make it so.

Vaccines. Definitely not so.. All one need do is to turn the tv on and President 46, who , along with his staff who have been received the vaccinations, still wearing masks and distancing. Not to mention state/city government restrictions.

Travel to Alaska via Canada by Rv is another story.

And lastly, because this forum is about Canada Alaska travel. My apologies to the OP for stray ing off the topic of Alaska.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Galvanizd, your words: Yup, just get that shot and carry your proof. Course you still can't travel, got to wear a mask, can't gather in crowds, have to isolate, can't use the gym, playground, schools....but yeah get vacinated.

Still not true. Restrictions somewhere but not everywhere. Absolutely you should get vaccinated. Until enough do those restrictions stay in place.

Douglas Adams

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
Galvanizd wrote:
Crowe wrote:
Galvanizd, that may hold true in Mexico but not here. Don't have to isolate unless you've been exposed, gyms are open, playgrounds are open, restaurants have indoor seating, we can travel by plane, train and automobile. Schools are open for in-person learning in many states and the crowd restrictions, etc., are being lifted. As far as the masks and vaccinations-that's just plain respect. Respect for others. It's an awesome concept.

Haven't changed my profile. I'm in the US.

Depending on where you currently are located. Nope. Not quite there yet. Do an internet search and check for yourself . Michigan. California, New Mexico, Colorado , hawaii (check the travel requirements for hawaii) Nevada and more, Canada for sure. Try getting on an airplane. Mandatory mask requirements. 50 per cent , 20 percent open etc. Not everything is open .

I looked up New Hamshire. "Live Free or Die" is the state motto adopted in 1945. Here your state requirements.

https://www.visitnh.gov/know-before-you-go

As far as masks , virtually useless, unless worn properly and sanitized, changed after each use., which people are not doing. But it looks good in case people might think you aren't following the rules . That "respect for others" phrase is getting worn out and used as a catch phrase. Not so much an awesome concept if you believe the vaccine is effective.
Been awhile since I trusted governments that aren't following their own science.

But that's me. You obviously have a different opinion and that's ok.

It's only a matter of time before you'll have to present proof of vaccination to do all sorts of things like air travel, cruises, etc, mandated by the government. Some Universities are already requiring proof for students to return for in person learning. Your papers pleeeeze. Once they get this level of control its a hard thing to relinquish.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Some interesting theories and opinions here....
Whatโ€™s the thing about flying? (Although I admit I really donโ€™t know what youโ€™re trying to say in general with that part of your post)
Have been on a dozen or 20 flights since Covid started. Only big difference is they donโ€™t serve food in coach. ( not a huge loss). Drink selection is limited (not sure what this has to do with covid). And for the first 6 months or so, airports and flights were a joy because far less people were flying. Since last fall though , itโ€™s full flights, middle seats full and no different than before.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Galvanizd
Explorer
Explorer
Crowe wrote:
Galvanizd, that may hold true in Mexico but not here. Don't have to isolate unless you've been exposed, gyms are open, playgrounds are open, restaurants have indoor seating, we can travel by plane, train and automobile. Schools are open for in-person learning in many states and the crowd restrictions, etc., are being lifted. As far as the masks and vaccinations-that's just plain respect. Respect for others. It's an awesome concept.

Haven't changed my profile. I'm in the US.

Depending on where you currently are located. Nope. Not quite there yet. Do an internet search and check for yourself . Michigan. California, New Mexico, Colorado , hawaii (check the travel requirements for hawaii) Nevada and more, Canada for sure. Try getting on an airplane. Mandatory mask requirements. 50 per cent , 20 percent open etc. Not everything is open .

I looked up New Hamshire. "Live Free or Die" is the state motto adopted in 1945. Here your state requirements.

https://www.visitnh.gov/know-before-you-go

As far as masks , virtually useless, unless worn properly and sanitized, changed after each use., which people are not doing. But it looks good in case people might think you aren't following the rules . That "respect for others" phrase is getting worn out and used as a catch phrase. Not so much an awesome concept if you believe the vaccine is effective.
Been awhile since I trusted governments that aren't following their own science.

But that's me. You obviously have a different opinion and that's ok.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer

Douglas Adams

Galvanizd
Explorer
Explorer
Yup, just get that shot and carry your proof. Course you still can't travel, got to wear a mask, can't gather in crowds, have to isolate, can't use the gym, playground, schools....but yeah get vacinated.

Interesting, reminds me of some countries I traveled to when i was in the military and some i just read about

2g_s
Explorer
Explorer
I don't understand what good their idea will do. The tourists could already get Covid enroute to Alaska via the planes or cruise ships.