Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: 12v to 6v review?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> 12v to 6v review?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev
MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 07/26/21 11:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When unshaded ground reaches 155°F your roof becomes inconsequential. On a beach in Quintana Roo, three roof airs barely kept my bus habitable. But once the local lobersterman's kids built a palmetto frond shelter 2 roof airs were more than adequate. The vehicle faced the ocean. The kids made a funnel-like entrance.

mr_andyj

Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 07/27/21 09:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I will ask the autozone clerk next time if they have virgin lead batteries and ask about if the separators are 30 or 80 cent. Im sure that will help get me the right battery.
Just the other day it was 155 in the shade, on the ground, and I was wondering if my AC would cool the trailer running off solar as I wanted to eat an ice cream cone slowly without it dripping down my hand.
My theromatic ignitifier gave a reading of 0.330 and we all laughed. The other guy said his was 0.331 and I almost lost it rolling on the floor. If we magnetize the ignitifire 3% then re-test it gets even crazier. I suggested a 30 cent separator also, but everyone else thought it was crazy.

MEXICOWANDERER

View Profile

Posted: 07/27/21 01:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In some cases it's easier to ring down for room service.

SabreCanuck

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 07/27/21 01:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Never in the history of the internet has so many theoretical keyboard professionals ever wasted so much time as to not answer the actual question of whether or not you have real life experience switching between the two.
As the OP I wish to thank those that have PMd me their experience outside of this ridiculous circle of experts trying to prove to each other they are smrt.
I write this in the hopes that the admins will simply shut this down.
lol

2011 GMC 2500 D-Max Denali
2015 Palomino Columbus 325RL
Our kids have 4 legs. ">

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 07/27/21 04:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SabreCanuck wrote:

I write this in the hopes that the admins will simply shut this down.
lol

You could simply ask them. That would waste fewer key strokes, and would have left folks willing to try to help in the future--but some of us will be "out" now. BTW I do have experience with six volt batteries--but it was 1954 and they are different today.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, soon to have SiO2 batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

MEXICOWANDERER

View Profile

Posted: 07/27/21 07:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My company tested flooded batteries for the majors for 14 years. But if you prefer I retire from commenting then it's Hasta La Vista. I've got better things to do. [emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> 12v to 6v review?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.