cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

My A/C Unit Sings

Spade_Cooley
Explorer
Explorer
I have a new Rockwood Travel Trailer with two Coleman A/C Units, 1500 front and 1300 unit rear. The front unit is quiet but the rear unit whines when the A/C kicks in. Is this normal? Its very disturbing when trying to sleep. What would cause this noise?
6 REPLIES 6

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Still need model number. There are 2 models of RVP AC units. The upper grade model has its own Condensor motor and fan blade that comes ON when the compressor activates. That will sometimes whine, which is normal. Doug

Spade_Cooley
Explorer
Explorer
It starts the whine when rhe compressor kicks in.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
It only does it when the compressor comes ON? OR what happens if you just run the Fan by itself? Still makes the noise? Really need model of RVP unit. Doug

cbshoestring
Explorer
Explorer
My A/C Unit Sings

Could you hum us a few bars?

Maybe someone will recognize the tune. :B

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Might be wind noisw. might be an air leak betwewn inside and outside (Hole in inner cover or baffle. )

Oh.. and inspect the condenser.. This is way easier on Coleman/AirExcel units than on other makes as you can see the "intake" side of the condenser.. if it's crudded up go up and remove 4 scre/bolts. (Top of unit) remove outer cover. peal it clean replace cover and bolts
A phillips #2 or 3, not sure if a 4 will fit, is all it takes. Oh and perhaps a soft brush
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Home_Skillet
Explorer II
Explorer II
Like a wind noise type of whine?
2005 Gulf Stream Conquest 31ft
BigFoot Levelers,TST in tire TPMS,Bilstein Shocks,Trans temp guage,Lowrace iWAY