cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NC Florida to Montgomery

mikemc53
Explorer
Explorer
This may not be the easiest post to break down - I am not the best "explainer".
Will be heading out of NC Florida and hope to stay the first night at Montgomery South RV Park (never been before but it seems to fit the bill for the rest of our trip). I will be heading across I-10 and I use Google Maps instead of a RV trip app so hence the following question(s).
It routes me either up 231 or up 331 to get to the campground. I've been up 231 a number of times but the question I have, for either route, is that they take me on some seemingly small roads that I am unfamiliar with. I'm driving a 37 foot class A with a car and tow dolly behind and really don't want to get surprised by low bridges or hairpin turns that I don't know of. Any thoughts or anyone who has come into that campground from the same way(s) that Google is suggesting?
Just hoping that someone may have already done these routes and know whether or not they are viable. I'm one who doesn't mind freeways - prefers them actually - just because they are easy to navigate but I do not want to drive all the way west on I-10 to get to 65 and then head up. The routes on Google look good but, as I said, not sure of some of the smaller roads once you get off 231 or 331.
Thanks gang.
2021 Gulf Stream Conquest 6250 (Class C)
5 REPLIES 5

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
Capital City RVP out east might work for you, nice place. http://www.capitalcityrvpark.net/www.capitalcityrv.park.net/Welcome.html
-jbh-

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
If you are not staying at The Woods in Montgomery, I would suggest staying on 231 around the east end of Montgomery up to I-85 and then take it west to I-65, much less traffic that way.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

mikemc53
Explorer
Explorer
Good points. We will likely stay at Deer Run and then head out from there.

Thanks gang!
2021 Gulf Stream Conquest 6250 (Class C)

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
US 231 from I-10 to Montgomery is a very good four-lane road we have traveled many times and is our preferred route headed north through Alabama. You will find that Montgomery South RV Park is a good bit out of the way and may want to do as the previous post recommends and stay at Deer Run just north of Troy or at The Woods in southern Montgomery off US-80 just before you get onto I-65.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
I-10 west to 231, then up 231 would be my route of choice. I've made this drive many times. 331 is too far out of the way, and slower going. Unless you've already made reservations, you might consider Deer Run RV Park in Troy. Maybe an hour south of Montgomery, a very nice park. Just a thought. Happy travels!
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress