Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crack at DeLam Fix - What to Do?

ugeesta
Explorer
Explorer
Question.

When you guys get your fiberglass walls repaired, how long is it supposed to last?

I had some delam fixed last fall at a local CW and it has cracked at the joint between the original surface and the repair area. The frustrating thing is this was the second fix for delam in this area. The first fix failed before I even took possession of the trailer after the first fix.

The unit was out of warranty and Jayco was kind enough to cover half the cost. This isn't a Jayco issue, this is a CW problem. I there anything I can do to get CW to fix this again on their dime?

Thanks.

2018 GMC Seirra 3500 Denali SRW
2018 Jayco Talon 313t
2019 Polaris XP1000 Trail and Rocks edition
2016 Yamaha Grizzly EPS
1 wife & 5 cats
5 REPLIES 5

ugeesta
Explorer
Explorer
Good News. CW will take care of the repair under their warranty. Yes this is frustrating but at least the is CW is stepping up to the plate to make things right.
2018 Jayco Talon 313t
2016 Yamaha Grizzly EPS
1 wife & 5 cats

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Less than a year? Talk to CW immediately.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

ugeesta
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, I have a call and email into CW to discuss.

There is structural member on the other side of the refrigerator between the living quarters and the garage but don't think that is the problem. The original issue was delamination under the refrigerator vent, not a crack.

Now, it could be that the crack formed because since the original wall panel was cut and fixed, that could now be a weak point when the trailer is flexing or expanding/contracting with the temps, I don't know. Either way its aggravating.
2018 Jayco Talon 313t
2016 Yamaha Grizzly EPS
1 wife & 5 cats

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
What's nearby structurally?

While it's possible that you got 2 bad repairs, a good chance there is something causing the crack to reappear. This may be part of why Jayco were onboard to pay up even though it's out of warranty.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
That's a question for CW. If they fixed it as recently as last fall, surely they warrant their work. An auto body shop certainly would, so I can't see that CW would be any different. My advice, however, is to push the 'up' button -- go directly to the shop manager and explain the situation. I'll bet they make it right. Either way, please let us know the outcome. Happy travels!
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress