cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lassen Nat. Park?

freewayrandy
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone know if the road is open thru the park yet?
2022 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax/Allison, 2024 Cougar 27SGS
5 REPLIES 5

ORbiker
Explorer
Explorer
The web site said the plowing was done and the equipment was being moved out. I'll bet the road opens Monday or Tuesday. KEN
Backpacker and tent camper all my life. Motorcycle trips with a tent too 1978 to Present. 2016 Grand Design 380TH as of 10-29-2015. Now a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude as of 3-16-19. 10-19-18-traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Long Box.

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
agesilaus wrote:
The cg there is one of our favorites as is the seldom visited park. We were there in July and half of the roads were still snowed in at that point.

Which campground do yu camp at??
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
The cg there is one of our favorites as is the seldom visited park. We were there in July and half of the roads were still snowed in at that point.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Per the link:

From the northwest, the road is open 10 miles to the Devastated Area. From the southwest, the road is open 2 miles to Sulphur Works. The 18 miles connecting those areas are closed to vehicles. There is no estimate date for entire road opening.

It also says:

Highway is closed to through traffic. View the Spring Road Clearing webpage to learn more. In years with similar snow depth, the highway opened to through traffic in late May or June.

Vehicle access may involve winter conditions driving and is limited to one mile from the northwest and southwest entrances.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think it just cleared a day ago -- hit this link and scroll down to the Operator Log. I may be wrong, however!

Road Closure and Operator Log
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."