Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: charger side of Magnatek 7300
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> charger side of Magnatek 7300

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Weldon

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/02/21 11:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

are the 2,30 amp fuses at the top good?

CharlesinGA

South of Atlanta, Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 05/02/21 09:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The batteries will last much longer on the Progressive converter, as it does not cook them. I have installed two in Magnatek/Parallax panels, very easy job. On my Winnebago motorhome, the converter and fridge 120v were on the same breaker so I wirenutted both wires to a short pigtail into the breaker (originally they were both in one wire thimble). The Bigfoot trailer had the converter on its own breaker. By all means install the DC fuse panel, It requires a little wire bending and routing changes as the lugs are in slightly different locations, but you get led warning lights for each fuse to show they are blown and you get a button to control the charge wizard in the converter, plus and LED to show converter status.

USE A 3/8 wrench to hold the square terminal blocks while you tighten the screws so you don't twist the terminals off the printed circuit board.

Charles

'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed std cab long bed Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180. SOLD - 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

azbohunter

arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/03/21 08:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CharlesinGA wrote:

The batteries will last much longer on the Progressive converter, as it does not cook them. I have installed two in Magnatek/Parallax panels, very easy job. On my Winnebago motorhome, the converter and fridge 120v were on the same breaker so I wirenutted both wires to a short pigtail into the breaker (originally they were both in one wire thimble). The Bigfoot trailer had the converter on its own breaker. By all means install the DC fuse panel, It requires a little wire bending and routing changes as the lugs are in slightly different locations, but you get led warning lights for each fuse to show they are blown and you get a button to control the charge wizard in the converter, plus and LED to show converter status.

USE A 3/8 wrench to hold the square terminal blocks while you tighten the screws so you don't twist the terminals off the printed circuit board.

Charles

Some great information, thank you.

2006 Dodge Quad Cab Cummins 5.9 Automatic 4x4
2002 28RKD Lakota fifth wheel
Pullrite Hitch
2006 Polaris Ranger
16'Lund w/50HP Merc tiller
A great wife who loves to travel and fish
I love to archery hunt/she joins me and cooks!

azbohunter

arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/05/21 02:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just a follow up and thanks for help and suggestions. Installed the Progressive Dynamics 4600 this morning. Pretty easy install really and all seems to be working as advertised. Glad to have the situation resolved and looking forward to stronger batteries and longer battery life.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> charger side of Magnatek 7300
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.