cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2006 Winnebago aventurer

Vic65
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, I'm looking at purchasing a 2006 Winnebago that has been garage kept since 2006. I plan on replacing the battery and tires and also a complete inspection. I want to get some pros cons.

Thanks, Vic
3 REPLIES 3

Bruce_Brown
On that one be sure to reseal the roof - the thin sheet of fiberglass is set in a grove then sealed in with a bead of sealant. Make sure that's in good shape.

Winnie Roof Sealing Tip

The other part is make sure the windshield is well sealed. Being garage kept you should be good regardless but Winnies are known to rust around the windshield frame.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Read the First time buyer guide on the Title page. A lot of info.

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Vic65 wrote:
Hello, I'm looking at purchasing a 2006 Winnebago that has been garage kept since 2006. I plan on replacing the battery and tires and also a complete inspection. I want to get some pros cons.

Thanks, Vic

When we purchased an older, little used motorhome, we had our mechanic change all the belts, hoses, fluids and filters. Also changed the batteries (house and chassis), all the tires, which had 8,000 miles on them but were 8 years old. We were taking it to Alaska. The mechanic did not change the fuel filter/pump because they were in the tank and would necessitate dropping the driveshaft. Second trip out on a shakedown cruise, the fuel pump failed so ended up getting that changed out on the road. That was because it had been sitting for at least six years without any gas treatment in the tank. She ran to Alaska and back with nary a hiccup. Now my DH has passed and I am in this motorhome on my own adventure. She is still running great.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/