cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2001 Minnie Winnie

Vic65
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, All My slide-out motor on the Minnie went out. I'm in the process of replacing it. Can anyone provide any tech advice on how to replace the slide-out?

Thanks, Vic
4 REPLIES 4

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
A gummed up slide mechanism will cause the motor to overheat in an attempt to push the slide out or pull it in . It trips the internal protector of the motor. After a quick cool down it may work again.

This MAY NOT be your situation as you posted the motor is out however this may be something to check before you replace the motor. This has happened to me and my bedroom slide. Cleaning and

lubricating the slides with a silicone TYPE lubricant did the trick.

tobydad
Explorer
Explorer
Are you sure the motors are gone or is it the actuators? I had a similar problem and it was the actuators - the motors were good. Because it is a 2004 Minnie, the actuators were no longer available. Had the motors wired directly to two new switches, which meant that both switches had to be held at the same time so both sides of the slideout were moving at the same rate. Should be done by a repair facility unless you are efficient with electrical connections and re-routing wires. Good luck.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
:h

whemme
Explorer
Explorer
Why would you want to replace the whole slide out when you really only need to replace the motor?
2002 Born Free 26' RSB Motorcoach
2005 Chevrolet Malibu LS Toad