Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Inconsiderate People
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Inconsiderate People

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
naturist

Lynchburg, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/02/21 06:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry to hear of your experience, @Mr._Ed. I wish for you peace in that extended stay hotel, may the loud louts have their parties far from your digs.

Every time I hear of such a tale of woe and intrigue, I'm reminded of how fortunate my bride and I are to live on our 25 acres in the middle of the woods, with the closest neighbor half a mile away and over the ridgeline.

But entitled/inconsiderate behavior is hardly new. Sadly, it does seem to be more and more common.

mr. ed

Amarillo, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 05/02/21 07:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Another issue I've had with noise sometimes has to do with dogs people bring with them to live in the room, although I can state noise from people has been more of a problem than dogs. I can recall having a neighbor at another hotel where I was living in Tucson at the time. He owned what looked like a husky. He would leave the animal in his room when he left for the day. All day long, the dog would let out a mournful howl with hardly a pause. At least, after the owner returned the howling would stop, but there was still a certain amount of annoyance hearing that dog all day long. But, as I said, people appear to be the main problem when it comes to making noise.

I had only one occasion when a fellow RVer's dog was a nuisance, at an RV park in Elk City, OK. The owner(s) would leave the animal tied up outside their 5th wheel while they traveled somewhere in the tow vehicle, sometimes for a few days. So the dog was left outside all night, probably cared for by a friend in the park. The dog would constantly bark throughout the night. I finally got fed up one night and called the local police since there was no night manager. I guess they contacted the manager next day because about a day later, the offending RVer was gone.

Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

mr. ed

Amarillo, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 05/02/21 07:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

naturist wrote:

Sorry to hear of your experience, @Mr._Ed. I wish for you peace in that extended stay hotel, may the loud louts have their parties far from your digs.

Every time I hear of such a tale of woe and intrigue, I'm reminded of how fortunate my bride and I are to live on our 25 acres in the middle of the woods, with the closest neighbor half a mile away and over the ridgeline.

But entitled/inconsiderate behavior is hardly new. Sadly, it does seem to be more and more common.

WOW, I can't imagine living on 25 acres! It might be so quiet, I couldn't stand it! [emoticon]

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 05/02/21 07:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Crowe wrote:

Not sure a call to police for loud party is ever the best idea. Bad manners should never cause risk of death.

If that's your philosophy then why bother having law enforcement at all? Any encounter can turn out bad. The bad behavior will continue if no one tries to stop it. You do the best you can but sometimes it's beyond your control. It's like not standing up to a bully-if there's no repercussion for their bullying it never ends.

I did not say there is never a need for LEOs, but I can't understand why every problem must be faced with men in armor that seam to be afraid of everything.
A loud party in our neighborhood normally means neighbor will let it be known next day/week others where disturbed.
Couple years ago, a renter's game day party ran late and loud 2 weeks in a row. The third Sunday, all the cars that normally park in driveways where in the street. To get to game party they would need to park in next block. They found another location.

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 05/02/21 10:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2 phones call in which ever order you choose

1 to staff on site
1 to 911----------yes 911----rowdy/ruckus behavior at 3AM warrants a call to 911

Police are trained to deal with situation regardless of the hyped up news reports

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/03/21 01:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Probably everyone on the forums have run into their own versions fo the campers from hell next door.Some municipal and county parks in Michigan per example.
Rarely in the parks we stay have encountered such. Biggest complaint would be smoke from green wood getting into the coach, when Folks stayed up around the campfire most of the night past curfew. Most have curfews of 10 or 11. Party Hardioers on holiday and other weekends really crowd the parks in the most popular areas. Good Park Management won't put up with such sheninigans. Good RVers won't come back if they have to put up with it and...parks that only or mostly fill with Hard Partiers, on weekends and holidays etc don't make as much money ..plus they have to clean up after them.We've driven through a few of those parks an went back to the office and got our money back. Kids and adults on high powered ATVs and UTVs and, Golf Carts, mostly stirring up dirt and running through sites like it was a racetrack. the nights that followed were hell, from reports of others. And if the Camp Host can't or won't stop them then them the Sheriff, I'm sure gets lots of calls.

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 05/03/21 04:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You reminded me of a fellow RVer who one July 4 Set up a high powered audio system and "Entertained" well over half of a 700 site campground or should I say Annoyed (Yes annoyed is the word) Security spoke with him several times and he went so far as to basically cuss out security over the PA system

This is a membership campground like 6 grand to join
On July 5 after the manager returned. he packed up and left. No longer a member.

Home is where I park it.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Inconsiderate People
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.