cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

For sale ads?

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
Is it allowed to post RV/Fifth Wheel related items for sale?
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)
18 REPLIES 18

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
MFL wrote:
BurbMan wrote:

For the suggestion box: Most of the spam are bots that register on the forum and immediately post multiple classified ads. One way to effectively control that is to add user rules that don't allow postings in the classified section until the user has 1) been a member >x# of days, and 2) posted >x# of non-classified posts.

This weeds out 99% of the spammers and creates a useful resource for the membership.

Good suggestion BurbMan!

Just a requirement to post items for sale, could be a 30 day membership, but having to be a full member of 50 posts or more.

The forum seems less busy, than when I became a member in 2012, so may be a good time to consider a sales section. May even generate more member activity?

Jerry

I see new members all the time on one particular fishing forum , they register just to sell some used equipment ,have no idea what the forums secret is ,but there are no dealers , occasionally a fly shop with some used trade in stuff. No weeding thru anything .

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
BobsYourUncle wrote:
Good explanation Barney.
I actually didn't know that.

An explanation but ,but i disagree , I belong to a few fishing forums ,and have not seen what was described by the moderator here , actually a very good source for used fishing equipment ,boats ,etc. Maybe they know something this forum doesn't.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
See my post here for a list of possible places to sell things. It is an older post so I don't know how many of the links in there are still good but hopefully a few of them still work.

Also, Facebook MarketPlace seems to be the go to place for buying/selling just about anything now. I have had excellent luck on Craigslist but have not tried lately so it may not be too active anymore.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
BurbMan wrote:
Guys would you mind sharing some of these "plenty of places"? Yes, there are sites to sell RVs, but I have not found a good place to buy and sell RV accessories like blue totes, leveling blocks, 30A extension cords, trailer hitches, tow mirrors, etc etc. There is a classified section on IRV2.com, but it gets like 3 views per year.

CRaigslist and Ebay are places to find used RV parts and accessories.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
Take a LOT of GOOD pictures, price it right (do your homework), and list it on RVTrader. You should sell it fairly fast.
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Guys would you mind sharing some of these "plenty of places"? Yes, there are sites to sell RVs, but I have not found a good place to buy and sell RV accessories like blue totes, leveling blocks, 30A extension cords, trailer hitches, tow mirrors, etc etc. There is a classified section on IRV2.com, but it gets like 3 views per year.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
This comes up often,if you want to list your RV in a RV Club you might join the Escapees Club they have a section there,also Forums.

RV Market Place
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
MFL wrote:
BurbMan wrote:

For the suggestion box: Most of the spam are bots that register on the forum and immediately post multiple classified ads. One way to effectively control that is to add user rules that don't allow postings in the classified section until the user has 1) been a member >x# of days, and 2) posted >x# of non-classified posts.

This weeds out 99% of the spammers and creates a useful resource for the membership.

Good suggestion BurbMan!

Just a requirement to post items for sale, could be a 30 day membership, but having to be a full member of 50 posts or more.

The forum seems less busy, than when I became a member in 2012, so may be a good time to consider a sales section. May even generate more member activity?

Jerry

It doesn't work. There are many not bot advwrtisers who will post on 70 dead threads just to reach the point where they can post in the classifieds. And that ends up even more work for the moderators to clean up.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. There aee plenty of places to sell stuff, why bog down another forum with it.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

phil-t
Explorer
Explorer
There are enough places to advertise what you might be selling/shopping for. How many classified sections do you post in/read now?
2014 Allegro 36LA

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
BurbMan wrote:

Good suggestion BurbMan!

Jerry

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Barneys explanation is true of all "For Sale By Owner Sites" Craigs list etc and most private sites. As soon as they see it here come the dealers. I guess they are illiterate or just to dumb to understand the definition of OWNER. At first ebay was pretty good but these days its useless.

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
BarneyS wrote:
Has nothing to do with Marcus but all to do with the fact we used to have a "Classified" section for the members to use but it quickly became completely overrun with commercial outfits trying to sell their trailers and equipment. Nobody wanted to scroll through page after page of new trailer and motorhome ads to find the occasional doodad or rig posted for sale by a member. It took tons of moderating time to keep it clean enough for members to use so the decision was made to eliminate it.
Barney

That's interesting! I recall we had a classified forum for like 3 weeks and no explanation was given when it was taken down.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Thanks for the explanation Barney. Makes sense, as would be hard to separate commercial from private.

Jerry

Good explanation Barney.
I actually didn't know that.
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com