Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Ram TRX vs Cybertruck
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Ram TRX vs Cybertruck

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/05/21 10:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Seriously? The same people that launched a rocket into sub-freezing outer space and make them survive the searing heat of re-entry would mess the earthbound truck chassis.

Geez, where you are you getting this fear mongering paranoia?[emoticon]
You mean the rocket people are also making cars, or maybe they're two, or more, separate divisions. Just because one division does a good job, doesn't mean the other divisions can't screw up.

After all GM made the Corvette, and Camaro, but then also made the Vega and the Aztec. Ford made the Mustang, and GT40, but also the Pinto and the Edsel.

And you wonder why they almost went belly up. Yup, old management, "living in silos" that don't coordinate or talk to each other.

Yeah, first hand, my son worked for Tesla and he is often times borrowed by their Solar division for his expertise. Even if not, have you heard Elon talk metallurgy, advanced materials and tech?

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 05/05/21 10:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Grit dog wrote:

Cybertruck is like an ElCamino or Avalanche.
Yes it has a bed. Yes it can haul some stuff, but unless the chassis is somehow orders of magnitude stiffer than current trucks, it’ll tear itself apart eventually if hauling heavy loads in the bed.

Seriously? The same people that launched a rocket into sub-freezing outer space and make them survive the searing heat of re-entry would mess the earthbound truck chassis.

You mean the rocket people are also making cars, or maybe they're two, or more, separate divisions. Just because one division does a good job, doesn't mean the other divisions can't screw up.

After all GM made the Corvette, and Camaro, but then also made the Vega and the Aztec. Ford made the Mustang, and GT40, but also the Pinto and the Edsel.

From a looks standpoint, the Pontiac Aztec, as absolutely bfing repulsive as it is, is a virtual pageant queen compared to the Cybertruck! I'd even argue that a Gremlin, Pacer or Edsel is more appealing than that stainless steel doorstop on wheels!

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 05/05/21 10:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

And you wonder why they almost went belly up. Yup, old management, "living in silos" that don't coordinate or talk to each other.

Yeah, first hand, my son worked for Tesla and he is often times borrowed by their Solar division for his expertise. Even if not, have you heard Elon talk metallurgy, advanced materials and tech?
I've not heard him talk, but I've read some negative reports of his "hands on" type of management, and the less than desirable results of some of that. Nobody's perfect. Last picture I saw of him, he seemed to missing that halo. [emoticon]

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 05/05/21 11:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Grit dog wrote:

Cybertruck is like an ElCamino or Avalanche.
Yes it has a bed. Yes it can haul some stuff, but unless the chassis is somehow orders of magnitude stiffer than current trucks, it’ll tear itself apart eventually if hauling heavy loads in the bed.

Surely you jest. GM has military and aerospace divisions, but that doesn't mean the Silverado is capable of lunar re-entry!

But seriously, to actually be used as a TRUCK, the CT would need to have a ridiculously rigid chassis. Whether that is the case or not is yet to be seen.
However, this assessment comes from actually understanding why a truck (most all trucks) is constructed like it is (the payload container separated from the rest of the body with little to no transfer of bending moment from the payload container to the cab).

Throw 2000lbs in the back of a CT and hit the RTI ramp until it pulls a wheel off the ground.....about 10000 times, and get back to me whether that refrigerator door looking sheetmetal buckles behind the cab or the Lambo doors still open and close right...

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 05/05/21 11:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

My friends new buddy for his Charger Hellcat.

[image]

Hold on.... I need a moment to wipe the drool off my chin and uhh....ahem....go take care of business!

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/05/21 11:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

....Nobody's perfect. Last picture I saw of him, he seemed to missing that halo. [emoticon]

I also can't understand why they see Elon as next to god, lol.

But my brother, a software engineer, became an investor in Tesla when he heard him explain how they developed the computer for self driving vehicles -- from scratch since there is nothing out there yet at that time.

My brother also concluded that Tesla's vault of value that they have not monetized yet is their enormous accumulated info of global driving data base.

Bionic Man

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 05/05/21 06:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

[image]

Saw my first TRX two weeks ago at the lake. I like that one, but man I REALLY like that blue. It is very tempting.

2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 05/05/21 06:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That front end actually has some style and class to it. So many are just square blocks. It looks different than the one in the neighbourhood too. Maybe a model year thing.

* This post was edited 05/05/21 07:10pm by Reisender *

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

View Profile

Posted: 05/05/21 07:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

[image]

I saw one a couple of months ago that went past me in the neighborhood and I almost didn't notice it. The rear end differential is what caught my eye to take a double look. It's almost a sleeper in that it doesn't stand out much from a Rebel.

Pretty sure I wouldn't be caught driving around with a Hellcat sticker on the side of a car and the Cybertruck looks like it took all of 15 minutes to design the exterior.

'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs
"200k Mile Club"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 05/05/21 07:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

[image]

Hold on.... I need a moment to wipe the drool off my chin and uhh....ahem....go take care of business!

I have ridden in the Challenger with four adult men on board. NEVER have I experienced anything so fast. Rubber thru five gears then let off. It was INSANE.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Ram TRX vs Cybertruck
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.