Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Ram TRX vs Cybertruck
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > Ram TRX vs Cybertruck

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Cummins12V98

on the road

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/05/21 07:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bionic Man wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

My friends new buddy for his Charger Hellcat.

[image]


Saw my first TRX two weeks ago at the lake. I like that one, but man I REALLY like that blue. It is very tempting.


He tried to buy a white one. They would not budge over $1,300. I thought it was bland looking.

He drove from DFW, TX to Kansas to pick it up. I thought no he paid 95k then TX tax on top.

They had one near Palm Springs, CA for 120k and guaranteed they would get it.


2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

mich800

Pontiac, MI

Senior Member

Joined: 05/30/2004

View Profile



Posted: 05/06/21 08:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Bionic Man wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

My friends new buddy for his Charger Hellcat.

[image]


Saw my first TRX two weeks ago at the lake. I like that one, but man I REALLY like that blue. It is very tempting.


He tried to buy a white one. They would not budge over $1,300. I thought it was bland looking.

He drove from DFW, TX to Kansas to pick it up. I thought no he paid 95k then TX tax on top.

They had one near Palm Springs, CA for 120k and guaranteed they would get it.


The big downside to the TRX is it is so thirsty. You can get really good fuel economy in a hellcat if you want to. Much more difficult in the TRX. But I am guessing most that purchase the TRX will not be daily driving them.

I also think the TRX has a much nicer ride than the Raptor. Plus, that exhaust note makes it a winner in my book.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

Senior Member

Joined: 03/28/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 05/06/21 09:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mich800 wrote:



But I am guessing most that purchase the TRX will not be daily driving them.



Just displaying it in the driveway to make the neighbours envious?[emoticon]

Cummins12V98

on the road

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/06/21 09:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mich800 wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Bionic Man wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

My friends new buddy for his Charger Hellcat.

[image]


Saw my first TRX two weeks ago at the lake. I like that one, but man I REALLY like that blue. It is very tempting.


He tried to buy a white one. They would not budge over $1,300. I thought it was bland looking.

He drove from DFW, TX to Kansas to pick it up. I thought no he paid 95k then TX tax on top.

They had one near Palm Springs, CA for 120k and guaranteed they would get it.


The big downside to the TRX is it is so thirsty. You can get really good fuel economy in a hellcat if you want to. Much more difficult in the TRX. But I am guessing most that purchase the TRX will not be daily driving them.

I also think the TRX has a much nicer ride than the Raptor. Plus, that exhaust note makes it a winner in my book.


At 100k I don't think fuel economy was at the top of the list of his concerns. [emoticon]

Bionic Man

Colorado

Senior Member

Joined: 04/03/2009

View Profile



Posted: 05/06/21 04:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FishOnOne wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

My friends new buddy for his Charger Hellcat.

[image]


I saw one a couple of months ago that went past me in the neighborhood and I almost didn't notice it. The rear end differential is what caught my eye to take a double look. It's almost a sleeper in that it doesn't stand out much from a Rebel.
.


Next time just roll down your window. It is very easy to tell that way.[emoticon]


2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

GWolfe

Kansas

Senior Member

Joined: 07/28/2007

View Profile



Posted: 05/07/21 05:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My boss just got a gray TRX. Its a nice truck, sounds great and is very fast but other than that it looks like a Rebel. They are obviously different when parked next to each other but on its own it looks like any other Ram. He had a Raptor before it and at least you could tell it was a different animal looking at it.


2005 Sun-Lite Eagle
2011 Silverado

Bedlam

PNW

Moderator

Joined: 06/13/2012

View Profile






Posted: 05/17/21 04:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

But my brother, a software engineer, became an investor in Tesla when he heard him explain how they developed the computer for self driving vehicles -- from scratch since there is nothing out there yet at that time.

My brother also concluded that Tesla's vault of value that they have not monetized yet is their enormous accumulated info of global driving data base.

Self driving still has way to go. This was from the past weekend:

On Saturday, a deputy responded to a collision in the 25200 block of 103rd Ave NE where a vehicle sheared a power pole in half. The deputy parked on the shoulder on the road, with his emergency lights flashing, and exited his vehicle to speak with the Fire units on scene. Approximately 30 seconds later, a Tesla in “autopilot” mode, struck the deputy's vehicle causing significant damage. Thankfully, there were no injuries from this collision. This is a great reminder that vehicles may have autopilot to assist, but it cannot be relied upon to get you safely from one destination to the next.

[image]

[image]


Chevy Sonic 1.8-Honda Passport C70B-Host Mammoth 11.5-Interstate Car Carrier 20-Joyner SandViper 250-Kawasaki Concours ZG1000-Paros 8' flatbed-Pelican Decker DLX 8.75-Ram 5500 HD-Tank Urban Touring 150SE-VW TransBuggy 1200


ronbiel

AL

New Member

Joined: 05/17/2021

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/20/21 02:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would choose the TRX. I don't like the styling of Crybertruck.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > Ram TRX vs Cybertruck
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.