cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver side “old” windshield into a different coach

MrMark52
Explorer
Explorer
Our coach is an ‘02 Georgie Boy Landau. First outing after we got it this past January, the loose dashboard slammed into the corner of the driver side windshield and cracked it. I didn’t realize the poor design of how the dashboard was fastened to the front end cap until after we had bought the coach.

I’ve since fixed the dashboard, now I need to replace the windshield. Now, before you say “That’s what insurance is for” (and I don’t really want to go there right now unless I need to) - I’ve found a good driver windshield from an 2000 Landau. It looks to be an exact match.

Question is, after contacting an installer, he said they don’t install old windshields any more because they’ve broken too many of them.

Anyone have any experience with this? Thoughts, comments, pointers, etc.?

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

Bruce_Brown
With a little help you could probably replace it yourself. Check Youtube to see if you can find a video.

Years ago I used to swap out the fixed rear windows in pick-up trucks for sliders - it literally was a 2-3 minute job. I think you'll find the windshield in your MH is mounted using the same method.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Several years ago I had both windshields reset on my 96 Southwind because of leaks.
I found glass shop that worked on motor homes. They removed, resealed and replaced both windshields using the original gasket. They never leaked again.
Keep looking, you will find someone who can do the work. Check with local dealers and body shops. Maybe your insurance agent can direct you to a qualified shop or installer.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
I believe you will find a number for the windshield in one of the corners. If they are the same on both windshields, then they should be interchangeable. Then all you have to do is find someone to change it near where you are. Just keep contacting windshield replacement services until you find one.