Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Which of these 3 battery brands would you choose?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Which of these 3 battery brands would you choose?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
pushtoy 2

texas

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/21 05:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

what ever you buy dont mix agm with lead acid..buy the one with the best warrenty

DREAMER ">

Gjac

Milford, CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/11/21 03:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think maintenance is more important than battery brand. Case in point my first set of replacement batteries were Trojan 105's. They lasted me 4 years. People told me that was normal because I only dry camp. My second set were Sam's Club batteries which I bought in 2007 and are still good. Do I think Sam's Club is better because they lasted me 14 years and Trojan only lasted 4 years, no, I just learned how to maintain them better. Secondly, I would buy a battery type based on how you camp and your electrical requirements. Folks with high amp loads or full time might may want to pay extra for a Li battery, people who don't want to be bothered with maintenance may go with AGM, people that just go to FHU CG's a 12v battery is good enough. Not everyone needs a 400 AH Li battery and 400 W of solar panels.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Which of these 3 battery brands would you choose?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.