Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sedona, AZ to Glacier NP campground ideas

speediq99
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hello,

We are planning a trip with 31 ft trailer from Sedona, AZ to East Glacier in May (now) and June... I was wondering if anyone had good campground suggestions along the way...

Our route is

Sedona to Southern Utah
Southern Utah to Park City
Park City to Tetons
Tetons to East Glacier.

I am having a hard time finding nice campgrounds between Tetons and East Glacier. We would appreciate any recommendations for 1-2 stops between Tetons and East Glacier or must do campgrounds along the road.

Trying to avoid the advious busy places along the way. Trying to keep driving to 6 hrs/day and stay overs to 4-5 days. We will consider occasional dry camping for a couple of days if worth it and easy on a 30ft trailer.

Thank you

MC
2 REPLIES 2

obiwancanoli
Explorer
Explorer
Just n FYI when you arrive at Glacier NP... DON'T try going in through the East entrance with your trailer. There are restrictions on height and length due to the many rock overhangs on GTTS Road headed West. You will have to route south to go under the park's southern border to the West entrance, from which you can access park campgrounds.

I towed a small motorcycle trailer (8 X 10 X 5), and arrived early enough that there was no one at the ranger station when I arrived (7 am), but later, setting up camp, a ranger drove by, asked which entrance I came in, and was shocked they let me through... of course, there was no "they" there, and I simply took a few extra wide turns, made it through OK...

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Have you tapped the RV Parks button at the top of this page? Good Sam is an excellent resource to finding parks.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE