cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Roof installed - RV Armor should I get it

tsjoshua
Explorer
Explorer
I just had the roof and side walls replaced on my 2017 motorhome (long story for another topic), and am nervous about having future problems. I have seen some posts on the various roofing systems, and am considering getting my new roof done just to mitigate any future issues. I guess I am just looking for some feedback (good and bad) from those that have made the move and what they think about their specific roofing system.
USN Retired - ETC(SS/SW) - AFT VARIETY

Currently working at Norfolk Naval Shipyard
2017 Georgetown 377, 37'
2003 Jeep Wrangler
8 REPLIES 8

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
Blackdiamond wrote:
My TPO roof is 19 years old, never an issue. I do inspect it and I did put Eternabond on most of the seams a few years ago. You just got a new roof, no reason to put another new roof on top of it right now.

My initial OEM roof membrane started failing at 5 years of age and it had been cleaned and inspected every six months since new. If I was buying another rubber roof I would have Flex Armor installed before I ever used it. Worrying about leaking caulking and reapplying just isn't worth it to me. That hairline crack can destroy a rig and by the time you notice it the damage is done.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
southernsky wrote:
We have the RV Flex Armor on our 5th wheel. Lifetime warranty...Three years no problems.

RV Flex Armor here. Installed January 2015. I should have done it when the rig was brand new rather than waited.

During the past 6 years the Flex Armor roof has has withstood numerous weather issues from hail to a 6" oak limb falling on it and no damage from anything so far. And zero caulking to monitor or reapply. My wash/wax guy just washes the roof off with some Dawn and a soft brush during each wash/wax.

Fantastic product.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

crawford
Explorer
Explorer
yes yes yes if you have the money go for it my c class had it done best thing ever it had.
Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
Blackdiamond wrote:
My TPO roof is 19 years old, never an issue. I do inspect it and I did put Eternabond on most of the seams a few years ago. You just got a new roof, no reason to put another new roof on top of it right now.

^^^ this!
Exactly ! Maintain it at least annually and Wait until it starts to fail. Itโ€™s a NEW roof for goodness sake. It should have many years without issues . Why throw money away ?
Very odd to have a 17 have problems , if they fixed it properly it should be fine.
Bill

Blackdiamond
Explorer
Explorer
03' Fleetwood Southwind 32VS
Enclosed Trailer hauling the toys
05 525 EXC KTM
15' FE350s Husqvarna/KTM
07 Rhino, long travel, 4 seater

2naEagle
Explorer
Explorer
tsjoshua wrote:
I just had the roof and side walls replaced on my 2017 motorhome (long story for another topic), and am nervous about having future problems. I have seen some posts on the various roofing systems, and am considering getting my new roof done just to mitigate any future issues. I guess I am just looking for some feedback (good and bad) from those that have made the move and what they think about their specific roofing system.

If you want a maintenance free, trouble free, will last longer than you roof. FlexArmor
You have to make an appointment and go to them, it takes about a week to have it done. Cost about $170 per linear foot.
2020 F350 Limited CCSB SRW
2017 North Point 315RLTS
2021 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV

southernsky
Explorer
Explorer
We have the RV Flex Armor on our 5th wheel. Lifetime warranty...Three years no problems.
2022 Renegade Super C
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 Sport

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldn't...however I go on my roof about three times a year and re-caulk any cracks I see.

Have been doing that for 14 years and never a leak yet.

Old Navy ETN2 here 1963 to 1967.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes