cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical question

tuna_fisher
Explorer
Explorer
My utility trailer wires to the right side were dragging when I got to my camp area, put them back together but my right turn signals on the trailer and camper are not working, just the right side. All other lights work including the truck right TS. Checked all fuses and bulbs. It's just the Camper and trailer right turn signal that don't work. Where should I look to fix the problem.
2001 GMC DM, 1995 Lance Lite, @005 Eclipse Toyhauler, Toy's!;)
5 REPLIES 5

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Easy things can be the hardest to find!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

tuna_fisher
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you gentleman problem solved, was the fuse in the under hood power station. Was to easy for me to figure out.
2001 GMC DM, 1995 Lance Lite, @005 Eclipse Toyhauler, Toy's!;)

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Dragging wires could mean cut or separated wires somewhere. Run a temp wire from the truck to the trailer light to confirm. And just because the truck light works that doesn't mean the connector wire is working.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Check owner's manual for location of trailer connector fuses, if equipped in your make and model.
Look at this site. Slide down to the under-hood fuse block diagram.
Fuse block

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

I know you said that you checked the fuses, but did you check the trailer turn fuse? Most of our trucks have separate blocks. Since it's on the camper and the trailer, but not the truck, I can't think of any other obvious scenario.
'16 F550 CC, 4x4 with Link Ultraride air suspension, '18 AF 1150. Just so we can play with our snowmobiles, dirt bikes and fishing boat. And new 20' tag along...kayaks, bikes, mc's and extra water and food!!