cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Reico-Titan electric jack dust boots

cop44321
Explorer
Explorer
I need to replace my dust boots and have read in a forum that there is a bolt that needs to be taken off to remove the landing pad. My pads only have a small drain hole in them and no bolt or nut is visible. Any ideas other than cutting the pad off and replacing it with a removable pin type? Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

MORSNOW
Navigator
Navigator
You have to raise the leg up in the air, the bolt comes up from the bottom. The little hole you are talking about is a leg drain and is located above the pad in the leg, that is not it.
2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

Joe_Glidewell
Explorer
Explorer

This is not the specific brand but you can see the hole in the center of the foot plate. That's the one we are talking about. The bolt comes in from the bottom. You can't see it unless the jack is raised off the ground. If there is no bolt head showing, then it's probably only being held on by corrosion.

Geo_Boy
Explorer II
Explorer II
cop44321 wrote:
Does anyone have a picture of this bolt? The only thing on the pad is a hole. I assume it's for drainage. Unless the bolts have already been removed and the pads are frozen in place.

The bolt is in the bottom of the pad.

cop44321
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have a picture of this bolt? The only thing on the pad is a hole. I assume it's for drainage. Unless the bolts have already been removed and the pads are frozen in place.

MORSNOW
Navigator
Navigator
I replaced mine about a month ago. There is a bolt going up from the bottom side of the base pad that needs to be removed to allow you to slide the new rubber seal up the leg. I cleaned a few years worth of "gunk" out of the rear two legs before re-installing the base pads.
2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

Slymer
Explorer
Explorer
In getting that bottom bolt off; you will notice both vertical tubes have a verticlal grove. They both line up to that groove, and need to. If the bolt is locked tight you may need some large channel locks, and another set of hands, to make sure the bottom tube doesnโ€™t turn.

Joe_Glidewell
Explorer
Explorer
Changed mine last year. The bolt is on the bottom of the base plate. The part that would touch the dirt when lowered.

CaFordGuy
Explorer
Explorer
On mine there is a single ~3/8 bolt in the center of the underside of the jack pad. Was easy to take off.