cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Added a bicycle carrier track to my motorcycle carrier

MrWizard

I bought 8ft of 3inch. Alu channel from Grangers
Cut it to 6ft drilled holes 36inches apart and used the MC tie down eye bolts to mount the new bike track to MC carrier
Use ratchet straps to hold the bicycle in place, and cover both with a large motorcycle cover,
Going to replace the skinny cover "tie in place rope"
With more MC straps to make covering and uncovering faster and easier chore
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s
6 REPLIES 6

MrWizard
The bicycle track and the motorcycle track are square with the carrier tubing, itis the carrier that is on an angle, beรงause the Hitch mount is bent, the scooter and bicycle are vertical, , the carrier is not horizontally true aka parallel to the street, I have put straps around the bike tires since those pictures were taken, with cargo ratchet straps holding the bike down, it's not going to jump out of the rack track
I can explain it to you.

1997 F53 Bounder 36s

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like that channel is on an angle, I wouldnโ€™t trust that very long. And you have nothing holding the wheels into the track.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

ronbiel
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice idea. I dig it!

MrWizard

I can explain it to you.

1997 F53 Bounder 36s

MrWizard
Carefully placed cut & shaped pieces of pool noodle,
Protect the bicycle paint job from tie down strap wear and scratches , my scooter has been riding on the rear of a Motorhome since 2010, first the safari dp and the pass 3.5 years on the Bounder, and it paint is faded out, plain flat basic black, if when the scoot gets painted, I'm thinking 2 tone maybe green & gold or orange and blue , either way re-cover the seat in white, I'm not fond of Hot black seats in the summer time
I can explain it to you.

1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Good workpersonship!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad