Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Question about max 5th wheel size in Apgar, Glacier NP

scottandgaye
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all -

We have a trip already planned out to the nth detail for us to visit the Tetons and Durango, CO starting on the 10th of June and returning home on the 30th of June. However, I just found out that my wife will have some more free time before we leave (I'm semi retired). I have not been able to find any campgrounds in or around the Tetons or Yellowstone for the week before the 10th of June. However, we have visited Glacier NP a couple of times a few years ago, but with a slightly shorter unit. Our coach now is a 36' HitchHiker Champagne. I know that Apgar is still on a first come / first serve basis and that getting there early is key. My question is, are there spaces that anyone can recommend that will specifically hold our unit and truck? Looking for actual campsite numbers that folks are familiar with. Your help is greatly appreciated. Oh, and one more thing. I recall having a rather difficult time making the u-turn at the end of a couple of loops due to trees close to the road. Are there any loops that I absolutely should NOT go down? We do dry camp and need a generator loop. Thanks again for any help provided!

Scott
2022 Ford F-350 LWB DRW PSD Platinum
2012 Hitchhiker Champagne 36LKRSB
4 REPLIES 4

scottandgaye
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
*25 sites can accommodate up to a 40 foot RV or truck and trailer combination.

Your Truck and 36' trailer are going to be longer then 40'

Yes, I saw that, too. But, I have also seen websites with photographs are large rigs in there. Trying to identify which ones to go after first, when we get there. As a backup, we have reservations for 10 nights just outside of the entrance at that new RV park in West Glacier.

Scott
2022 Ford F-350 LWB DRW PSD Platinum
2012 Hitchhiker Champagne 36LKRSB

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
*25 sites can accommodate up to a 40 foot RV or truck and trailer combination.

Your Truck and 36' trailer are going to be longer then 40'
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

TUCQUALA
Explorer
Explorer
Or a pup tent!!!!!
'16 Outdoors Timber Ridge 280RKS
Reese 1700# Trunnion w/ DualCam HP
'03 EXCURSION XLT V10 4.30 Axles

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yeah, size matters. We are a few feet shorter than you & found ourselves in a private CG to the west of Glacier NP. Apgar again is on our hit list this year too. We provided quite the show squeezing ourselves into a site really not compatible with our size last time there.

The key is arriving Sunday to Thursday & as early as possible. The biggest irritation is finding something like a class B or TC in one of the few long sites.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995