cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very disappointed

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
We found out just this week that we can't buy a hand gun. We ordered one on Cabelas website and paid for it, went to pick it up in Rapid City SD cause that is our domicile location. When wr went to pick it up everything was fine till they seen our address was a PMB and said they would have to reimburse us because the ATF does not allow them to sell guns to anyone using the PMB cause that is just a temporary address. So what the heck. We vote here but can't buy a gun. Just venting. Tara
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL
26 REPLIES 26

wapiticountry
Explorer
Explorer
chiefneon wrote:
Howdy!

I would suggest not using the term”PMB”. Instead just use #.

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon
All businesses that require background checks and other verifications use computers. The data bases instantly alert that the address is a mail service. Doesn’t matter what you call it.

Jarlaxle
Explorer II
Explorer II
JimR 1 wrote:
wanderingaimlessly wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
PMB = Private Mail Box ????

Yes Dakota post and some others issue your address as a PMB Private mail Box, for most transactions its no problem, but "SOME" people like making simple things hard.
Another option is to list your address as Box or apt # versus the PMB.

When using a mail forwarding service in SD the SD DMV knows who those are and where they are and will not (currently) put anything other than PMB on the drivers licensee regardless of what you put on the form.

Also there is different residency requirements concerning voting and fishing and hunting licenses as a resident. The PMB does not work for the fishing and hunting residency license as Fish and Game does mot recognize the PMB as a residence.

JimR

They will be slapped down by the first judge to hear the case...the Escapees have already won this one in Federal court.
John and Elizabeth (Liz), with Briza the size XL tabby
St. Bernard Marm, cats Vierna and Maya...RIP. 😞
Current rig:
1992 International Genesis school bus conversion

Jarlaxle
Explorer II
Explorer II
ferndaleflyer wrote:
I have about the same deal here in NC. I have lived here 15 years and can't get a concealed permit because I don't have a NC drivers license. Own property, pay taxes, etc but thats not enough.

Why not just get a NC license if you live there?
Current rig:

Jarlaxle
Explorer II
Explorer II
ferndaleflyer wrote:
I have about the same deal here in NC. I have lived here 15 years and can't get a concealed permit because I don't have a NC drivers license. Own property, pay taxes, etc but thats not enough.

Virginia issues CCP's to out of state folks, apply there and your good in NC as well.

So do Florida and Utah, IIRC.
Current rig:

Community Alumni
Not applicable
ford truck guy wrote:
PMB = Private Mail Box ????

Yes Dakota post and some others issue your address as a PMB Private mail Box, for most transactions its no problem, but "SOME" people like making simple things hard.
Another option is to list your address as Box or apt # versus the PMB.

When using a mail forwarding service in SD the SD DMV knows who those are and where they are and will not (currently) put anything other than PMB on the drivers licensee regardless of what you put on the form.

Also there is different residency requirements concerning voting and fishing and hunting licenses as a resident. The PMB does not work for the fishing and hunting residency license as Fish and Game does mot recognize the PMB as a residence.

JimR

Timmo_
Explorer II
Explorer II
Concealed Handgun License in Oregon (residency required), paired with Utah CHL (which can be issued to nonresidents with CHL issued from their state) allows me to carry in all but 15 states.

Problem, I could not carry in Washington (just over the river) with the Oregon CHL (no reciprocity), but can when paired with the Utah license.

Tim & Sue
Hershey (Sheltie)
2005 F150 4x4 Lariat 5.4L 3.73 Please buy a Hybrid...I need your gas for my 35.7 gallon tank!
2000 Nash 19B...comfortably pimped with a real Queen Size Bed

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
Not true. NC will honor a MD resident or non-resident permit.

MD is not a particularly “good” state to hold a CCW permit from, however. They don’t reciprocate with all states that issue CCW permits like NC does, so there are a lot of states that won’t honor MD’s permit either.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 ‘Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam types………..Let’s Go Brandon!!!

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Too many restrictions on law abiding Americans and too few on bums.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
DC I do have a MD drivers license. MD concealed is not honored here or anywhere else that I know of because they don't recognize anyone else. Its complicated but open carry is OK here and thats what I do. Had another state concealed but it ran out end of the year and the covid thing has that renewal held up.

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
ferndaleflyer wrote:

Virginia issues CCP's to out of state folks, apply there and your good in NC as well.

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
ferndaleflyer wrote:

If you have lived there for 15 years and still possess another states driver's license, which prevents you from obtaining a CCP in NC, that is a problem of your own making. Why not obtain a CCP in the state that issues your driver's license? Of course that's not an option if the state where your drivers license is issued is somewhere such as NY,MD etc. Easier yet, just get a NC driver's license.

It's certainly not NC's fault.

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
We have a reg address 514 Americas Way # then number. Wouldn't let us use that either.
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
ferndaleflyer wrote:

That’s true, but NC also honors permits from all other states (reciprocity). Can you get a permit in the state your DL is from?

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 ‘Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam types………..Let’s Go Brandon!!!

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III