cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Galveston camp grounds.

Spade_Cooley
Explorer
Explorer
We just returned from a trip to Galveston with our Travel Trailer. We booked Jamaica Beach for a week and through some kind of a mix up were only given 6 days. This didn't work for us so we spent one night there on them and left. This park is a zoo and I hated the place. Everyone was on top of each other. We moved down the road to the new KOA and had some space. It is a ways out of town but the beach and open area suited us much better. I will say the Mgr. at Jamaica was a good guy and took care of my complaint and satisfied me. This park wasn't for me but it might suit you.
4 REPLIES 4

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
We spent the first week of April just south of Galveston at Bluewater RV Resort and really liked it. Short drive to Galveston or Freeport. Good size spaces & beach just across the hiway.

Explorer II
Explorer II
Jamaica Beach RV Resort has been there for many, many years. It's had a recent face lift with additional sites and water park added to the rear. Galveston Island RV Resort down by San Luis Pass is the newest park on the island.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

buc1980
Explorer
Explorer
Jamaica beach is a new park very nice how you say it was on top of each other.
2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,16750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.Full body paint 2022.RV flex roof 2023

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
we like the Bolivar peninsula side of the bay. We take the ferry to go into town when we want to and stay out of the crazy. We stay at the Bolivar Peninsula RV park but there are others. Lot sizes are generous there though. I have been by Jamaica Beach park and it did not look like anything I would care for.