cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Page Az to Florence Or avoid Salt Lake City.

Skipg
Explorer
Explorer
Suggestions please on travel route from Page Az to Florence Or avoiding Salt Lake City. Thanks all for your time.
4 REPLIES 4

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Ed_Gee. Good to know. I'm sure it was 20 that was twisty. That's why someone recommended 22 as an alternative to me. I'm familiar with that Beltline road too.
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

Ed_Gee
Explorer
Explorer
Jans - I take 126 from Bend to Eugene..... cut up one mile on I-5 to Beltline road and take that around Eugene back to 126 on the west side of Eugene ... (avoids any downtown traffic issues). Took either 20 or 22 to Albany once .... don't recall which one....but had a 25mph twisty windy stretch that wasn't too pleasant. 126 all the way is super easy.
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
I also go to the central OR coast every summer from Sedona. Have gone and come back different routes.

From Page, no need to go up to SLC. Just take 89 to Kanab, then the route to Fredonia>Colorado City>Hurricane>I-15. Then go up through Nevada.

Hey Ed_Gee...I may be going via Burns and Bend this summer. Can you tell me, from Santiam Junction, do you take 126 to Eugene and beyond? Or 20 to Albany then south to Eugene to catch 126? Which is the easier (less scary) drive through the Cascades? If I wanted to drive a few extra miles, I've read that 22 to Salem is easiest.

Sorry, Skipg, for interjecting my own question on your thread. But it seemed timely, and maybe you might also benefit from the answer. ๐Ÿ™‚
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

Ed_Gee
Explorer
Explorer
When we traveled from AZ to Florence, OR we like to avoid California so we took 95 up through Nevada..... and into southern Central Oregon.... so much more peaceful. Several different road options....all are good. Usually we went up to Burns, then west on 20, through Bend, up over Cascades continuing on 126 all the way to Florence.
On Edit -- I see you are coming from Page..... not sure, now, how you'd work our preferred route in from that far east....
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad